Silkie thread!

I live within a 3 hr, drive of Catdancesilkies, and I want to get more of course!!! I'm trying to decide if I want to try for all ready decided sex, color ones (part grown) or to hatch my own. I would pick them up either way. What do you all think?

Here are a few pics! Hatch date was March 20th - so five weeks already! I tried to get the variety of colors...some cooperated...others..not so much
gig.gif
! They are so adorable! I think I would hatch...those fuzzy butts are so delightful and you can bond with them early! Of course it is hard to hold 18... which is what I had hatch! Why not do both? Buy a few part grown and hatch a dozen or so! They are very sweet and inquisitive!

Hi All,
I have to introduce you guys to my new Silkie hen. I have no idea what color she is, but I thought she is so cute and her colors are really unique. Any thoughts on what color she is, or maybe she is a mutt. But I love her anyways :) I need name ideas too :)

Hi I'm a new silkie owner and I noticed a behavior I've never seen in a chicken where my Silkie when sitting on my shoulder would rub her head all over my face and neck repeatedly! Is this normal? I can't figure out if this is a bad sign because I've looked at diseases or skin problems but she's not showing signs of any... I'm a new Silkie mama so if anybody has any ideas please respond! :/

Hi All,
I have to introduce you guys to my new Silkie hen. I have no idea what color she is, but I thought she is so cute and her colors are really unique. Any thoughts on what color she is, or maybe she is a mutt. But I love her anyways
smile.png
I need name ideas too
smile.png

Very pretty. I think that Misty would be a good name!

Well... looks like I am going to have to cull Nori
sad.png
I can't get the egg to budge, it is wrapped inside the ovaduct membrane once again. We worked at it for a few hours with no luck, just prolapsing. I can't even feel the egg shell when I palpate inside her ovaduct, just the egg wrapped in membrane. I need to put her out of her suffering.... I can't even do it myself... she is my baby and I need someone else to do it for me. My friend has a CO2 chamber at her work. I might use that.
Oh no, so sorry. :( is she acting like she's in pain? I know you love her, she couldn't have a better chicken mom.

Back
Top Bottom