Silkie thread!

They both look non bearded to me. And I would guess pullets. My white has a comb and wattle at 12 weeks and my partridge has no showing of either so I feel petty sure it is a pullet. Are either of your whites showing any type of comb or wattle? Couldn't really tell by the pictures. But good looking Silkies!

I actually have some !!! My silkie roosters have been mating with my egg layers :-0 I put a few eggs in the incubator and I was shocked what came out lol
This a a leghorn hens mixed with my silkie rooster (white on white ) has feathers on feet looks just like a silkie going to hatch some more from my Rhode Island Red to see what they will look like :0

He is so cute.

Male or female at 16 weeks that is the question lol I'm thinking pullets but I'm so new. I've been offered a white silkie roo, but I would like to make sure I don't already have one. Bird #2 looks to be bearded to me or at least more so than the non bearded #1 is that correct? Thanks Y'all much appreciate your thought.

Bird #1

Bird #2

#1 & #2 left to right

My silkies are at 4 months and the roo is starting to crow. Hope this helps.

POE and MASTER SHIFU I think the partridge is a cockerel Does it matter that his head is black Most I have seen have red heads

Last edited:
I have a question I am selling two of my silkie hens they are non bearded. What should I ask for them I am putting them on craiglist to sell they both are about 2 yrs old

This one is broody and is a partridge

This one is a splash
Thanks!

I'd guess at least $20 each for laying hens prone to broodiness? The second one is a grey, not a splash, and I'm not sure the partridge is a partridge--would need better photos.

Male or female at 16 weeks that is the question lol I'm thinking pullets but I'm so new. I've been offered a white silkie roo, but I would like to make sure I don't already have one. Bird #2 looks to be bearded to me or at least more so than the non bearded #1 is that correct? Thanks Y'all much appreciate your thought.

Bird #1

Bird #2

#1 & #2 left to right

#1 looks like a cockerel, #2 like a pullet, but no guarantees. Watch behavior, check spacing between pubic bones and keep your fingers crossed for what you want. #1 is non-bearded, #2 bearded. Take a look at the offered cockerel to assess how it compares quality-wise.

Back
Top Bottom