Silkie thread!

Hi i wonder if anyone knows but this is snow we bought her as a silkie (our first chicken) in march but she looks different to alot of the pictures also she is black with almost beetle coloring (as in green shades to her coat) anyone any ideas she has personality of a silkie and everything points to it just her feathers dont seem as fluffy apologies for the picture butshe just had chicks so couldnt het a decent one

She's an adorable silkie cross/mix...with ? ;)

Hi i wonder if anyone knows but this is snow we bought her as a silkie (our first chicken) in march but she looks different to alot of the pictures also she is black with almost beetle coloring (as in green shades to her coat) anyone any ideas she has personality of a silkie and everything points to it just her feathers dont seem as fluffy apologies for the picture butshe just had chicks so couldnt het a decent one

silkie X polish.....maybe. that's what im guessing. what comb does she have?

Oh my gosh the CUTEST thing!! I have a white frizzle...would I get one of these if she was bred to a white silkie?? :)

I went back to breeder and ask she is like a 10th or 12th generation Sizzle. The mother looks like her and the dad is a white smooth Sizzle. So I would sugest breeding your frizzle to a smooth Sizzle. There is a Sizzle thread were you can get lots of info on them.

She's either a cross or normal feathered.

ok thanks!

I rubbed it a bit...should it affect her? I have heard the vault is like a a baby's soft spot....did I do something that could affect her?

If you just rubbed it she should be fine. I've never had a vaulted chick have any problems but I have heard of some getting pecked by bigger chickens that have had problems. She's probably okay though, if you did push it too hard she would be acting weird.

Back
Top Bottom