Silkie thread!

Thanks silkie2001 :) So you think the Blue looking one is a lavender? I thought lavenders were really light? I do hope your right that the light one is a splash though or even a lavender :) But that buff with the grey back throws me off. Will it stay buff, but will have a darker back or something?

this is "Pepper" and "Houdini" Silkie crosses @ 7 weeks old. They let me know when they want out of their temporary cage, then they cuddle down in my arms and go to sleep.
love.gif

this is my new Slikie babies @ a day old. I got them from TS in the bantam bucket, and told them that they have 5 toes so will probably be Slikies.
jumpy.gif

this is "Popcorn" one of the babies @ less than a week old. They are 2 weeks old now and so fluffy!! When will the blue ears show up?

This is my first silkie that hatched. The color is not very good in the photo. She looks silvery. I was told she is self blue porcelain. can't wait to see what she grows out like
love.gif

They're like The Croods. Family sleep pile, family kill circle. Little velociraptors disguised as fluffy lovey bunnys.

Don't let them fool you.

Don't expose them to bright light,  Don't get them wet. Don't feed them after midnight. ;-)

:gig

I have a newly hatched silkie baby and I now think it's name will be Gizmo!

My adult Silkies don't roost...
roll.png
They prefer to pile themselves in a corner. I do have a roost in their coop, just in case.

I offer my chicks with sticks in their brooder to play on, and just graduate to a real roost at around 5 months.

Mine don't either. My camera proves it LOL.

My adult Silkie doesn't roost either but she was 4 months old when I got her so I didn't get to observe her as a tiny chick.

Back
Top Bottom