Silkie thread!

Thanks fancy, do you wipe their butts every day even if their vent part is clear but its still hard all around it? If thats the case it would be like this everytime they pooped lol. Can they spread it around to the chicks who dont have it? So adding apple cider vinegar to very young chicks is perfectly safe? I think their waterer is a quart. Its just the small basic red chick feeders you get anywhere. Would I just put a half teaspoon in there? And whats the benefit of doing this, how does it help? And what causes pastey butt to even happen? Is it a bacteria? 

You will need to wipe them until it has gone. Acv lowers the PH levels and bacteria in the gut. Smear some Vaseline around the vent to prevent poop from sticking to the fluff.

In my personal experience, save-a-chick gave my chicks watery stools. I think they maybe liked the way it tasted so much, they drank too much.
Besides the point, I prefer the poultry nitri-drench, you can give a drop of it straight on the side of the chick's beak.
The scrambled eggs are good, but I have always wondered what the extra fat does to the chick's stomach. I use hard boiled egg yolk pressed through a ricer or garlic press.

There are lots of ways to go about it, just depends on personal preference and item availability.

Depends where you are and what is available.in Aus I use poly-aid plus with probiotic. Not sure how you make scrambled egg, but mine is just whisked eggs with a dab of butter to stop them sticking to the pan . Don't have to shell them or put them through a press. Chooks love them.
The poly aid gives them an appetite.

Baby black chick died this morning :( My daughter was so sad. I had a feeling lastnight she wasent going to make it. She was looking significantly worse :( We're making a special trip this morning to buy another black one.

Baby black chick died this morning :( My daughter was so sad. I had a feeling lastnight she wasent going to make it. She was looking significantly worse :( We're making a special trip this morning to buy another black one.

So sorry to hear that. I've been worried about my black one since we got it, even though it drinks and eats. It doesn't seem to be as strong and it's so much smaller than the other two. Where are you located? I'm thinking about getting a couple more?

Last edited:
Aa

not on their head- that is a vaulted skull, something different. Bearded silkies have very fluffy 'cheeks' and the area under their beak is fluffy as well.[/quote

All of my chicks are bearded, and my favorite has a vaulted skull.
1f636.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom