Silkie thread!

thank you

A vet visit will not be cheap but in the long run so worth it! I've spent $200 on one Silkie in 9 months' time - we don't have restaurant outings or expensive meat meals and I drive a 15-year-old car held together with chewing gum and rubber bands in favor of taking my girls to the vet!

A vet visit will not be cheap but in the long run so worth it! I've spent $200 on one Silkie in 9 months' time - we don't have restaurant outings or expensive meat meals and I drive a 15-year-old car held together with chewing gum and rubber bands in favor of taking my girls to the vet!
yuckyuck.gif

i'll wind up taking lucy to the vet, but for now we've got to soak the leg.

I found her site when I was researching the pros and cons of diamateceous earth.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/05/diatomaceous-earth-de-benefitrisk.html

Hers was one of many DE articles I researched as I stared at my 10-lb bag of pure white food grade DE purchased online. There was so much contradicting info that I exercised on the side of caution and decided not to use it. I passed along my expensive unopened bag of DE to someone else who wanted it badly. There are so many OMRI poultry products at our feed store that I chose their organic natural over other controversial products. We must be doing something right as I've not had any worms/lice/mites/scaly leg in our 3 years of backyarding. The only lice ever coming to our property was two shipped juveniles from a breeder (don't they know or care to treat their birds before shipping?) Of course it's easier to upkeep with only 4 hens but I owe it a lot to being able to free-range them and have them on regular worming and lice preventative schedules. I'm sure with larger flocks there are still ways to keep on top of health issues.

Back
Top Bottom