Silkie thread!

soaked lucy's leg and t]it's cleaner now!

But now both legs are like it! she might be a footless chicken!
does that mean that she will be ground chicken
lau.gif
i am sorry had to say that

Lily loves the computer, and really loves Byc. She focused really hard on the moving chicken pictures. She is getting a lot better. Her sinus swelling has gone down almost completely. She will be a house silkie for a couple of weeks. Searching for answers for her condition. ;) (she is very smart) It does take awhile to type only pecking one letter at a time though.
I can't figure out how to type in the emoticon I want!

Lily loves the computer, and really loves Byc. She focused really hard on the moving chicken pictures. She is getting a lot better. Her sinus swelling has gone down almost completely. She will be a house silkie for a couple of weeks.

Searching for answers for her condition.
wink.png
(she is very smart) It does take awhile to type only pecking one letter at a time though.
i aint a chicken but that is the i type the old chicken method hunt and peck

Lily loves the computer, and really loves Byc. She focused really hard on the moving chicken pictures. She is getting a lot better. Her sinus swelling has gone down almost completely. She will be a house silkie for a couple of weeks.

Searching for answers for her condition.
wink.png
(she is very smart) It does take awhile to type only pecking one letter at a time though.
haha!! that is soo cute

Unless you want to invite upper respiratory into your babies , I wouldn't . Chooks will ' dust bath ' in plain old dirt and if you have a wood fire , they love a little ash in it. Sand is also a good alternative.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/05/diatomaceous-earth-de-benefitrisk.html
I agree!!! I have even started using liquid pest control instead of powder. The little pullet I posted the pic of earlier is in the house for a recurring sinus problem that started when I dusted the flock for lice. Now she gets a swollen sinus every time she gets in dusty conditions. I will never use powder of any kind to treat my birds again. DE or otherwise.

My chicks start out first bathing in their food and shavings. They are so cute to watch.

One of my week old babies died today. It wasn't growing as fast as the others and was about half their size. I have one more that's not thriving like it should. I don't expect it to make it either.

I think its safe to say I'm hooked on Silkies. I have 7 grown, 6 six WK olds, 7 one WK olds, 2 that should hatch this weekend, and I put 19 in the incubator yesterday.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom