Silkie thread!

Polish are Mediterranean and dome of the meanest good I've ever had...

I had one of my Silkie roos go after my feet this week. I was in a hurry and walking fast. I hadn't changed into my boots. I think he was after my blue shoes more than he was my feet. I hope that was the case...

They are around 11 months! I have two roos. I raised all of them from chicks together so they all get along fine.

Lol no that's one of my hens. She is actually 2 months older then everyone else.

Thanks! she is a golden laced smooth sizzle. And its fine, it just takes time!

I guess you could call it that. lol I just gathered some sticks together a weaved them through my fence. Oddly enough my girls climb up on it more often then the boys.

I agree, there are way too many nice Roos out there looking for homes to be putting up with this guys attitude .

I did the deed this morning although it broke my heart to do it.
I pulled him out of the coop and took him elsewhere and the second I sat him down on the ground, he dipped a wing and went straight for my feet, so I'm afraid he was just mean to the core.
I've tried everything and addressing Andrea's suggestions, there's plenty of room in that run and plenty of food and water for all.
His brothers get along great and I expect things to settle down a lot now.
I did try re-homing several of my roos to no avail and obviously it wouldn't be right for me to try to pawn this bad egg on anyone else.
May he rest in peace.

I pulled him out of the coop and took him elsewhere and the second I sat him down on the ground, he dipped a wing and went straight for my feet, so I'm afraid he was just mean to the core.
I've tried everything and addressing Andrea's suggestions, there's plenty of room in that run and plenty of food and water for all.
I did try re-homing several of my roos to no avail and obviously it wouldn't be right for me to try to pawn this bad egg on anyone else.
May he rest in peace.

So sorry that was what it came to but it sounds as though you've made the right choice. :hugs
Now you can relax and enjoy the others.

May he rest in peace.
I know it is hard to cull your chickens. I did the same thing Friday with three of my rooster that I have raised. I had four roosters to four hens I know I had thin out the roos. They were tearing the feathers off my hens and it is getting colder those girls will need every feather they got

I changed the chicks bedding from sand to pine shavings, you would think it was the end of the world! lol I know they enjoy dust bathing but they kept gettign sand stuck between their toes and in their feathers. Once they get older i'll try sand again. What does everyone do for dirty feathers? The chicks are 1 week old, had their first bath today...was just meant for a foot soak...one chick got wet everywhere except her head! lol

I changed the chicks bedding from sand to pine shavings, you would think it was the end of the world! lol I know they enjoy dust bathing but they kept gettign sand stuck between their toes and in their feathers. Once they get older i'll try sand again. What does everyone do for dirty feathers? The chicks are 1 week old, had their first bath today...was just meant for a foot soak...one chick got wet everywhere except her head! lol

Sand seems great til you get the waterer issue! What i do now is just provide a sand box.

Polish are Mediterranean and dome of the meanest good I've ever had...

I had one of my Silkie roos go after my feet this week. I was in a hurry and walking fast. I hadn't changed into my boots. I think he was after my blue shoes more than he was my feet. I hope that was the case...

Actually Polish are in the "Continental" class from the uppermost Northern Mediterranean area but thanks for the dialogue. That's cute that your Silkie went after your blue shoes! They are such characters! I have one Silkie hen that sits on my shovel when I'm digging in the garden. I have to fence her from my work so she doesn't get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom