Silkie thread!

Are the laying in the coop or out in the woods, yard or some place. What kind of next boxes do you have for them. Do you have any pictures to give us a idea?

Also put a nice layer of hay like Gotts said. If fake eggs don't work leave a real one in the nest for awhile. I wouldn't put food in the nest box that could cause mice to vist and it could mold fast. They would scratch it out all over the nest.

Also put a nice layer of hay like Gotts said. If fake eggs don't work leave a real one in the nest for awhile. I wouldn't put food in the nest box that could cause mice to vist and it could mold fast. They would scratch it out all over the nest.

I agree. Also depending on how old these birds are and how long you have had them this may just be ' newbie ' issue. Given time they will work it out.

So I have these sweet silkies Percy and Pollie and I just took a as good look at Percy. He is officially a rooster. So I am assuming that he and my current rooster will not cohabitation well..... my other rooster is a little guy but not a silkie.

My Silkie roos do just fine with my other roos. I wouldn't give up on Percy. My Silkies free range in the same yard as the LF Ameracauna Roos with no problem.

Ok they are from marchs lot from the feed store and i check them for bugs once a week and i clean the boxes every week also and I haven't seen anything the leghorn lays in the coop but my silkie made a nest finally and lays in it so that a sign

silkies!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom