Silkie thread!

Now I'm REALLY impressed! They're all gorgeous! I have to ask...the second photo from the top of the 5 gray and brown chicks...what breed are they? The first of my NN hatchlings looks almost exactly like that, feathered shanks/feet and fully feathered neck, white spot on the head and all. The breeder insisted it's pure NN, but I've had my doubts. Now I really have my doubts.

Thanks!
smile.png

NN? I am not familiar with that abbreviation.
idunno.gif

Picture #1 wheaten/ blue wheaten Ameruacana, #2 Golden Cuckoo Marans, #3 Bearded Belgian d'Anvers, #4 Buff Ameraucana, #5 Easter Eggers, #6 Bantam buff laced Polish, #7 Blue laced red /splash laced red Wyandottes, #8 W/BW and Lavender Ameraucana . . . just in case some wanted to know
smile.png

Picture #2 is all golden cuckoo Marans pullets. GCMs can be color sexed at hatch.
This is what the males look like~ Much lighter with more yellow patches and a bluish grey cast.

This is what the adults look like~

Hello, do I have a Cockeral here? We thought it was a girl but now I'm thinking boy. His name is Fruffy, I think he's about 16-20wks old?

Pics taken today, his comb is quite a burgundy colour. Also what type of Silkie is he? Noticed he has 2 black feathers amongst the white, could he moult into a Splash?

Happy if he is a Cockeral as I have 3 Silkie hens and a Silkie x OEGBantam so might breed them?

Any info is hugely appreciated, thanks :)

Last edited:
Hello, do I have a Cockeral here? We thought it was a girl but now I'm thinking boy. His name is Fruffy, I think he's about 16-20wks old?

Pics taken today, his comb is quite a burgundy colour. Also white type of Silkie is he? I have spotted 2 black feathers amongst the white.

Pics taken today, his comb is quite a burgundy colour. Also white type of Silkie is he? I have spotted 2 black feathers amongst the white.

I'm not an expert on sexing silkies, but this one sure does look male to me. My girls combs and wattles are not that big. He is very beautiful.

Pics taken today, his comb is quite a burgundy colour. Also what type of Silkie is he? Noticed he has 2 black feathers amongst the white, could he moult into a Splash?

Happy if he is a Cockeral as I have 3 Silkie hens and a Silkie x OEGBantam so might breed them?

Any info is hugely appreciated, thanks
smile.png
:Looks like a boy to me =) Generally I look at the comb and wattles to tell. My hen has a comb too, but much smaller in size and she does NOT have waddles. You can also look for hackle feathers though!

Back
Top Bottom