Silkie thread!

Yall remember these chicks?

Here they are 4 months later...

Still not 100% on the gender but they are for sale and I am in central Texas if anyone is interested.

SJchickens, If your Polish is a gold laced, the males usually have big blotches of color without a pattern, and are darker. The females pattern all over.

SJchickens, If your Polish is a gold laced, the males usually have big blotches of color without a pattern, and are darker. The females pattern all over.
I posted a pic of it on the other page. Here it is again. What do you think? (Also, it's mother is a tolbunt. The person we got it from didn't know what it's father is. I am assuming it's fother was gold laced because of it's feather colors)

Last edited:
Fancychooklady, what makes you think it could be a pullet? I have 2 five weekers with pink/red color combs, I wish I had an idea. SJChickens, don't discount the Polis as a cockerel. By coloring, it looks like a pullet to me. This is my Laverne. Supposed to be a male. Of course me and others could have sworn it was a male.
It's common for cuckoo to have red combs where as a red comb in most other coloured silkies spells ROO. I guess I'm looking at the full crest and stance.

Thank you for the shout out Suz. :D  I don't sell chicks but I do sell laying pullets. I get requests for eggs a lot but I hatch everything I have this time of year.  

Thank you suz and mums! It's clear I'm new to this site and didn't search my area haha!I'm interested in chicks. Any tips on silkies sharing coop with marans? I keep seeing if they are chicks and grow in the flock together it's usually okay. I'll post pictures of I find any ladies soon
1f600.png

Last edited:
I have 8 pullets right now. 2 BA, 2 EE, 2 White Marans, and 2 Salmon Faverolles. I want to get a rooster next spring and thinking about silkies because I heard they are a more docile, quieter rooster. Any truth to that?
my rooster is a silkie. He is nice and pretty quiet. Looks pretty funny among much bigger hens. Lol

Back
Top Bottom