Silkie thread!

Here's some updated pictures of the three in my brood that seem to be purebred Silkies:

Pepper
I think s/he is the oldest one because I can see the wattles already and the other two don't have them yet. I guess that could also mean s/he is a roo, but I think they're quite young yet to tell for sure.

Jubilee
This one is on the go - s/he will sit on my shoulder for about 10 minutes but if I try to get her/him to stay on my arm, it's all about wanting to hop down and go)

Raven
S/he settles down like it's nap time haha! I love this little one. S/he is my smallest Silkie.

I think they are about 10 weeks old right now. I do think they were different ages when we got them, and we got them about May 1st, and some were definitely already bigger than the others, so that's ballpark.
I love how fluffy they are getting! Their lobes are finally showing up bright blue, and they just love to run and play when I let them go out for supervised free ranging. It's so much fun to sit and watch them. My Silkies are definitely my favorites. <3

I'm not sure - the lady we bought them from had an assorted variety of hens and two roosters, one of which is black and one is white.

Last edited:
Ok so Breeding to White?
why is it bad and what does unpredictable mean?
I think I might want to breed my White Bantam Cochin Frizzle to my blue bantam cochin smooth Only because I chose White frizzle before I read Black would do better for breeding.

any ideas how ugly the babies might be?

I've got a question about one of my silkies. It has a reddish brown round thing on it's forehead instead of a blackish comb like the others I have. Can anybody tell me what it is or why it's different from the others?

Here is a picture of her (atleast I think it's a girl )

The second picture is of the rest of them

Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom