Silkie thread!

Jillian12: I have chicks on order for around June 1st from Bobbi Porto. I CANNOT WAIT!!! I am getting about three of each color she has, and a trio of Partridge Showgirl chicks! I am truly getting antsy about it! Have not had chicks in forever it seems!
1f423.png
1f495.png

My 10 month old silki just hatches three eggs this morning. They are not her own, but the fact that they hatched despite the cold snap of 20 degree nights about 10 days ago makes this hatch special. She is in a dog carrier outside my basement door and has 3 more eggs she is sitting on. Two have feathered leggs (cochin daddy).

Mom is either cochin or Buff brahma. No idea what the yellow with grey is no feathers on legs.

Jillian12: I have chicks on order for around June 1st from Bobbi Porto. I CANNOT WAIT!!! I am getting about three of each color she has, and a trio of Partridge Showgirl chicks! I am truly getting antsy about it! Have not had chicks in forever it seems!
1f423.png
1f495.png

Hi there. Yes she has gorgeous birds. You won't be disappointed. Good luck with the chicks and share pics when you get them!!

Oh my gosh! Is there anything cuter than a Silkie chick? Lol! And yes! I will post pics of the chicks when I go pick them up in June from Bobbi. If I can figure out how to get them from my gallery on I pad to this site that is!! Lol!
1f423.png
1f424.png

You guys, I just couldn't resist and got two gorgeous pairs at a swap from two different vendors. One pair has been very healthy, normal poos, normal appetite etc. The second pair have had nothing but troubles, so far we've dealt with and began treating: lice, cocci,and scaley leg mites. I've only had them since Saturday so I'm hoping they pull through. I hate keeping the two that are healthier in the same quarantine barn as the other, and I feel terrible keeping them in large dog kennels without turnout. Poor birds:(
I also suspect one to have a bit of a repository issue and the roo may be suffering from awry neck. When kept in his kennel he travels backward and really struggles overall. However when put on the ground for treating etc, he gets around normal. Fingers crossed they I can get everyone healthy and get those pullets to a show!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You guys, I just couldn't resist and got two gorgeous pairs at a swap from two different vendors. One pair has been very healthy, normal poos, normal appetite etc. The second pair have had nothing but troubles, so far we've dealt with and began treating: lice, cocci,and scaley leg mites. I've only had them since Saturday so I'm hoping they pull through. I hate keeping the two that are healthier in the same quarantine barn as the other, and I feel terrible keeping them in large dog kennels without turnout. Poor birds:(
I also suspect one to have a bit of a repository issue and the roo may be suffering from awry neck. When kept in his kennel he travels backward and really struggles overall. However when put on the ground for treating etc, he gets around normal. Fingers crossed they I can get everyone healthy and get those pullets to a show!

Oh that's unfortunate , you are not the first person to caught by an ' undesirable ' trader. Bio security is of the utmost importance when introducing new birds to your flock. Upper respiratory diseases are extremely contagious and while you can treat the birds with antibiotics often they will relapse whenever they are stressed. The wry neck can be treated by adding a poultry multi vitamin to the water ( nutri drench ) . Also check that what you are feeding contains all of the vitamins , minerals and amino acids required for optimum health, thiamine B12 is the deficiency you are trying to address. :)

Sometimes people stink. I got caught with a sick bird myself a few months ago. Fortunately, the seller offered to replace my sick pullet with equal dollar's worth of chicks so it all worked out. Hope your birds get better. I'd move the two that aren't sick somewhere else if you can so that they don't get sick.

Sometimes people stink.  I got caught with a sick bird myself a few months ago.  Fortunately, the seller offered to replace my sick pullet with equal dollar's worth of chicks so it all worked out.  Hope your birds get better.  I'd move the two that aren't sick somewhere else if you can so that they don't get sick.

I can't w/o pulling them out of quarantine, and I'm not comfortable pulling them out quite yet. I'm trying to keep everyone as separate as possible. The pullet I suspect of respiratory issues, appears healthy, no discharge, bright eyes, when she breathes, under her beard puffs up however she keeps her mouth closed, I haven't seen anything quite like it. I suspected gape worm, however her breathing is substantially different than that, unfortunately I don't know how to describe it :(

Back
Top Bottom