Silkie thread!

Here are a few pics..

Neither of them look porcelain or lavender. The buffish one looks more like a partridge. The other looks to be blue and appears to be a Sizzle (basically a Silkie with normal feathers). Its a frizzled Sizzle. I posted some pictures of some of my Sizzles a page or two back. I love them. Your chicks are very cute!

Neither of them look porcelain or lavender. The buffish one looks more like a partridge. The other looks to be blue and appears to be a Sizzle (basically a Silkie with normal feathers). Its a frizzled Sizzle. I posted some pictures of some of my Sizzles a page or two back. I love them. Your chicks are very cute!

Thank you so much. I got them from a local breeder. Something seemed very off about her. She seemed confused and had a ton of chicks. She was keeping different breeds together in a large tub so I was wondering if she got the right chicks. She said silkies but when the ones wings started coming in I was unsure if it was a cross. I still love them to pieces but now I'm curious to see how they all turn out. :)

Well I Am Very Confused
barnie.gif
I Told Before I Got A 4-6 Month Old Hen And Roo Bearded Silkie And A 4-6 Week Old Female Bearded Silkie And I Have A Tub That Is Holding My 4-6 Week Old Silkie Female Bearded My Non-Bearded Male Silkie , My Male Millie D'uccle, And My Three Cochins, and 3 or 4 productive reds? And I Went Out There To Clean And Feed Them And My Female Bearded Silkie Is Balling Up, Pecking, And Chest Budding And Fighting With My Male Millie D'uccle? Is That Normal Or Is She Agressive She Does Attack All The Other Ones In The Tub But Then It Stops Then She Does It Again, What Should I Do? She Is The One Egging It On Not My Male. If Anyone Can Help Me With Some Info Soon As Possibly I Will Be Great Full.
wee.gif

Hi everybody would a silkie be bullied by a pair of faverolles hens and how much eggs would 3 silkie pullets lay in a week and a year

I don't know about favedolles but I have two silkies a hen and a rooster and they live with my three gold sex link hens and they get along fantastically! My silkie hen likes to put herself in the middle of everyone and my Gold sex links tolerate everything her and my rooster do. Egg wise from what I know I would expect maybe 9-12 small white eggs. I'm also going to be adding two barred rock hens in the next few weeks so I'll keep everyone updated on how they get along.

I need guidance from some of you more experienced Silkie fanciers. This little bugger is a twelve week old cockerel (I've caught him crowing, or trying to) and his head is extremely puffy to the point he can't see. We've put bands in his feathers and I wet his beard a couple times a day to help. I need to trim his "hair" but I don't want to do anything that may damage his eyes as the feathers start to regrow. Your input is appreciated!

These photos are older, his fro is bigger, now.

Hi everyone. Here is my silkie not sure if its a cockrel or hen. They are non bearded. I have another one with a white face i think it might be cross bred. Both have 5 toes looks like the one with the white face is starting to get a small red comb too. Posting a picture of the white faced one below.

Back
Top Bottom