Silkie thread!

What is the wrap made from around ur water nipple

I have only 3 to 4 chickens at one time in our little backyard so I invested in a couple of Brite Tap / 2-gallon Rubbermaid jug nipple valve waterers. I got tired of cleaning open water bowls 3 and 4x a day and the wild birds would poop in the water and the chickens would stand in the bowls with their dirty feet. I got 3 Brite Taps in case one stops working there's another jug the chickens can go to. Brite Tap isn't cheap but it was all pretty much complete with minor assembly and so very easy to keep clean and there's no mold buildup. Easy to carry them too. They can be hung inside a coop run too. I clean out the jugs thoroughly with a light bleach solution once every couple weeks and put ice cubes in the jug on very hot summer days and water stays cool all day if jug is kept in shade. Our city tap water is disgusting and heavy with lime deposits so we use filtered bottled water for ourselves and in the chickens' nipple water jugs.

This is the website I bought my Brite Taps from and I ordered the complete package with Brite Taps, Rubbermaid jugs, and Sunscreen apron over the nipple valves. The bottom on the Brite Tap page also offers the Sunscreen Cover for the Brite Tap. The cost is high but after considering other water system costs and the amount of time and convenience to use Brite Tap I considered the cost worth it for me:
http://www.chickenwaterer.com/BriteTap-Chicken-Waterer-Cooler-Combo-Pack-p/bt100-2gal-combo.htm.

My silkies have completely won my heart!! I'm obsessed!! They're so laid back compared to some of my other breeds!! She (I hope) just fell asleep while I was holding her.

Hi! I am on the fence about this fella (assuming it's a roo, because it's so big, has not crowed yet). He was hatched in late October. We have a black show hen, his mother, and we thought about using him as her mate. But. In the last few months he has developed gold leakage and his wattles are more raspberry than mulberry. How hard would it to be to breed that out? The mother is a supreme champion winner..Great color and form.

Last edited:
Sorry about the poor quality, but look at the top hat on this chick! You can't even tell it is a bird. And the last picture is one of my 4th generation cuckoo sizzles. Still have a way to go with smaller details but am liking their overall look.
17857882_389313758134367_551428503_n.jpg

17857414_389313711467705_285083350_n.jpg

17857890_389313724801037_16210882_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom