Silkie thread!

My silkie has 6 toes
sad.png
It's really neat, but out of standard.
Silkies walk funny enough with 5 toes -- can't imagine how they look walking with SIX toes! Some owners sometimes get a chick with 4 toes on one foot and 6 toes on the other, or else some have 4 toes on each foot.

She does look like those! I got them from our local rural king who had everything all messed up. I got wrong sexes, wrong breeds! Horrible place to get birds! I got 2 chicks that were supposed to be light brahmas and they are porcelain d'uccles!!! They are absolutely beautiful but still wrong breed.

Get her some saddles.  They make some pretty cute ones.  Will look up some for you.

Here is one as an example on ebay..has a photo for you to see how they work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Chicken-S...867961?hash=item281e68ab79:g:jzMAAOSwawpXs5yy

Awesome! That's not a bad idea. She would be adorable in one
1f602.png

that's 2 and a half hours from me

Oh ok

Silkies walk funny enough with 5 toes -- can't imagine how they look walking with SIX toes!  Some owners sometimes get a chick with 4 toes on one foot and 6 toes on the other, or else some have 4 toes on each foot.

Lol she does walk hilariously. She is a big goof ball :lau

She does look like those! I got them from our local rural king who had everything all messed up. I got wrong sexes, wrong breeds! Horrible place to get birds! I got 2 chicks that were supposed to be light brahmas and they are porcelain d'uccles!!! They are absolutely beautiful but still wrong breed.
I was in Rural King a week ago a woman from Spring Hill brought in a totefull of chick silkies and Rural King took them and they're selling them 13.99 a piece I thought that those would come from a hatchery

Last edited:
I was in Rural King a week ago a woman from Spring Hill brought in a totefull of chick silkies and Rural King took them and they're selling them 13.99 a piece I thought that those would come from a hatchery

Ohh it was a huge mess. My rooster I already had to get rid of was sold to me as an Easter egger and it turned out to be a brown Leghorn! I'm still questioning my white Leghorn too. And I know one of my porcelain duccles are a too. I live where I can't have roosters.
1f622.png

Ohh it was a huge mess. My rooster I already had to get rid of was sold to me as an Easter egger and it turned out to be a brown Leghorn! I'm still questioning my white Leghorn too. And I know one of my porcelain duccles are a too. I live where I can't have roosters.
1f622.png

And I forgot to add. My porcelain duccles were sold to me as light brahmas!

This is my little buff silkie from Meyer. Her poof is just nonexistent! I still love her though because she looks like a little dinosaur, and she's a sweetheart.

Yes, I think she was 4 or 5 weeks in this pic. She's almost 7 weeks now, and it hasn't changed. These are my first chickens, so maybe I'll be surprised and she'll start sprouting some feathers, but I'm ok either way. She's more or less a pet, and her little raptor face is endearing
1f60d.png

love.gif

Love her... she looks just like her momma...
smile.png

Nope..one from my past. I didn't keep the splash! She's went to someone that lives waay at the north end of the state. That lady traveled a long ways for a couple of them. Other was a dark blue.

I have to tell you what happened this morning, and, what's been happening since I put my young banam cochins in with the silkies.
One night I went to put the silkies in behind a doorway, to keep the wind from blowing on them in the morning..was going to be a cool night. I only took a flashlight out to click on and off so as not to scare them .. easier to pick up when they can't see. I picked up a few silkies, they were at my feet at the doorway..hard to explain..anyway, I turned the flashlight on quick again to see where they were, and right there, at my feet were the three little bantam babies .. they had snuggled right under the silkies. Pretty smart ey? And what sweet silkies! Then today. I pick grass for them. They come running for it. A light blue silkie that always comes to see me when I go in, picks up a blade of grass, and starts that .. cluck.. cluck...sound. A baby cochin promptly goes over and takes the grass out of her mouth. She does it again..another comes over. Oh my goodness..these silkies are only 4 months old and this one is already acting like a mama. She will be a great broody. Keeping her. :) You should see my black!! I'm soo excited. Will have to get some photos of her. Just beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom