Silkie thread!

Yes, Some silkies just have different shapes of combs
big_smile.png
The white could be female, just looked more like cockerel to me.

Does anyone know the sex of these 7 week old silkies? Both were hatched at the same time but the white one is double the size of the black one. White one has more of a tiny comb growing while the black one has just a bump where a cone would be.

At 7 weeks it's too early to tell. You have to have a line of breeding your own Silkies to eventually recognize your males from females but purchasing other lines you just have to wait and see. My Partridge were easy to tell male from female early but the other colors are not so easy.

I love my silkie leggings!!! I'm stoked to have found a place to order a variety of chicken print leggings that are high quality and affordable! Here's the link if you're interested... they have lots of other animals too. And of course they have cute prints that aren't animals lol

http://www.charliesproject.com?aff=1077

I GUESS WE CAN OFFICIALLY BE CALLED "CRAZY CHICKEN LADY" WHEN WE START WEARING CHICKENS ON OUR BODY --
lau.gif
! VERY CUTE WEBSITE.

People of the Silkie thread, I have a question lol. I bought some silkies last year at TSC and they were marked as Silkie Bantams, but now that I think about it they are about the same size as my sex links and bigger than my Bantams... is that normal? Are they still considered silkie Bantams?

Back
Top Bottom