Silkie thread!

I'm in MD and I just lost my silkie hen. I'm so sad. My roo is going to be sad. I have some of her eggs in the incubator. I hope they hatch! I hope I get some pullets. Anyone else in Maryland??
IMAG0059(2).jpg

The haircut did wonders. The boy is back to his sweet self and following me around again today. He'd been grumpy the last two days. Biting wasn't normal for him.

His mother may be small and not very fluffy with just a small crest, but she throws the fluffiest offspring with the biggest crests. She's also the one that the super friendly personality comes from.

Help! I have a 3wk old small, Silkie chick. S/he's smaller than the other chicks it hatched with and came from a smaller egg. They've been raised by a wonderful mama hen, come from a reputable breeder and are SQ. Yesterday I drove 3 hrs and picked up her/it and her 3 siblings.

She's struggling - Not eating, not really drinking (I've dipped her beak in the water a few times and she may have drank a tiny bit), she's breathing heavily and seems very weak. She's also developed pasty butt overnight.

Should I administer vitamins (what kind) and try plain yogurt. I'm relatively new to chickens and have never had an issue like this.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom