Silkie thread!

Has anyone dealt with ear issues? Blue start with shaking his head then he fail over and couldn't do anything! I thought from the eagle he got in a fight with to save a hen! every illness say the bird dies with in hours this has been months he has been in jail for months! I had to hand feed and water him his poop is normal! I have him on penicillin vitamins and electrolytes he now eats and stands on his own. My dilemma is when he runs he falls over but now he has recovered enough to get up.. has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I did treat him for ear mites

22414665_1742865175744095_41267174_n.jpg
22404104_1742865069077439_1202363240_o.jpg

Today was a crazy day. First this morning I was out feeding the chickens when I saw my cockerel do a little circle around a pullet and she squatted he gently climbs on her do his thing and walked away, gave me a glimmer of hope that he will be a nice rooster once the pullets mature and hoping this means eggs soon in the refrigerator
Then they were out in the yard enjoying this beautiful day and I was getting ready to vacuum so I put my golden out on her lead because she hates the vacuum cleaner didn't think anything of as the chickens were on the other side of the yard. Then all of a sudden I heard the chickens going nuts, ran out and my golden had one of my pullets. As soon as I yelled the dog let her go and she ran across the yard and dove into a pile of leaves. She was ok no wounds or blood got some feathers pulled out but no bald spots. I put her in the coop and within 30 minutes she came out on her own and was eating and foraging again. I was a shakeup all day and checking on her constantly.

Well, my 4 month old white hen sure has a beard - she likes to dip it in her daily greens, along with most of her face.
2017-10-20 09.31.33.jpg

And here's my Partridge. She also has a beard, but didn't feel like getting it photographed today.

2017-10-20 09.31.44.jpg

She was also trying to peck at the camera lens!
2017-10-20 09.31.53.jpg

Back
Top Bottom