Silkie thread!

The second before the black rooster got his rear kicked by the partridge hen. He wasn't supposed to be over near them but was curious about the chicks.

20180422_193246.jpg

37A86CD1-FDC5-46E6-B42D-06E65254BD17.jpeg
3A00C915-FB49-4A47-90EA-AB7DA5545252.jpeg
37A86CD1-FDC5-46E6-B42D-06E65254BD17.jpeg
Silkie color ID and ??

We got our first chicks a week ago. We got the white speckled (guy, I think) and the black and yellow chick. I keep watching the speckled one and am really thinking it will turn out to be a rooster. Therefore, I went out today and got that third one to hopefully end up with at least two hens.

Questions:
1. What colors am I going to end up with?

2. Has anyone had posture like that on a silkie and had it turn out to be a hen? He’s always standing tall.

3. The new chick eats poo and picks at feet. Can I break her of this? I’ve only had her about 7 hours.

They are only a week old and I’m feeding them chick starter.

Any response is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1353854 View attachment 1353852 View attachment 1353854 Silkie color ID and ??

We got our first chicks a week ago. We got the white speckled (guy, I think) and the black and yellow chick. I keep watching the speckled one and am really thinking it will turn out to be a rooster. Therefore, I went out today and got that third one to hopefully end up with at least two hens.

Questions:
1. What colors am I going to end up with?

2. Has anyone had posture like that on a silkie and had it turn out to be a hen? He’s always standing tall.

3. The new chick eats poo and picks at feet. Can I break her of this? I’ve only had her about 7 hours.

They are only a week old and I’m feeding them chick starter.

Any response is greatly appreciated!

Hi and welcome,

Your chicks are adorable. The chick in the middle looks like it might be a partridge silkie, it could be a roo because of how tall it is standing or it could be because there is only 3 chicks it has taken a dominate roll. Really no way to tell for sure. The chick behind looks like a black silkie and the chick in the front of the picture does not appear to be a silkie. The new chick eating poo (just checking to see if it is food or poo) and picking feet is just exploring with it beak. It is normal and as it gets older and out of the brooder and has a big world to explore it will find other things to peck at then poo and it hatch mates. Good luck with your new babies.

Back
Top Bottom