Silkie thread!

Great job on the photography... LOOOOVE the butt shot
cool.png

Quote:

Thanks, Bobbi! I purchased the parents from Bobbi, so I wouldn't have these beautiful chicks if it wasn't for her!!!

You got some of my favorites that I was going to keep. And you two did a great job showing them getting that Ch Featherleg and the boy's win too... I'm proud of you!​

I have a color breeding question. Is it better to have a blue roo over splash hens or a splash roo or splash hens??? I definitely want splash hens but don't want to lose the color of them. Thanks.

Quote:
Over time, the splash coloring may get diluted with a splash roo over splash hens. However, if you do a blue roo over splash hens, you will end up with approximately 50% blue and 50% splash chicks. Splash X Splash will give you all splash chicks.

Quote:
Over time, the splash coloring may get diluted with a splash roo over splash hens. However, if you do a blue roo over splash hens, you will end up with approximately 50% blue and 50% splash chicks. Splash X Splash will give you all splash chicks.

If I wish to darken up the splash, would a blue roo do that?

Quote:

Yes, you would want to use a blue roo, not another splash.

If the Blue roo is dark, it will be from the Andalusian Blue gene... If the Lavender(self blue) gene gets in there, no telling... The high contrast Splash produce more high contrast Splash... I have heard the Blue will make darker Splash... but I have not confirmed that in experiments.... I am working on that theory this year... stay tuned
smile.png

Has anyone else proved this theory?
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom