Silkie thread!

Quote:
Aww how precious! What will you name that little cutie pie? The age looks about right to me about 5 weeks would be my guess. Where did you get that pretty little chickie?

Quote:
Congratulations!! Welcome to your newest addiction
tongue.png
They are adorable
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yes you can especially in comparison to a chick that is bearded. It'll be more and more apparent as they get older. If you need help snap a couple pictures when they are a week or so old and post them
smile.png
If you don't mind my asking, where did you order them from? I'm wondering if the breeding stock is a mixture of bearded and non bearded or if they are kept seperate hmmm...

Ok my wonderful Silkie peeps I've taken up all sorts of space with my post hogging so I'll stop now lol

I've been gone but I've missed BYC and this thread a ton!! The hubs just got deployed a few weeks ago, I've been traveling a tad doing some modeling work and about a week ago my clumsy butt managed to mangle my ankle so I've been pouting a lot and around hopping on one foot. FUN!
roll.png

I finally managed to limp out and see my fuzzies butts yesterday and thought how I soo needed to get back on here and catch up ASAP! I've got tons of cuteness growing out in my juvenile coop. I need to go thru them and sell a few that but you all know how hard that can be sometimes!!

I'm going to be in the Panhandle of FL at the end of the month. I'll be traveling on the I-10 East bound there and back. Any silkie people along the way?

p.s. With my absence, I've almost missed seeing the Friend award I received for the month of July. I just wanted to add that if anyone on this thread was responsible for my nomination THANK YOU so much!! It really lifted my spirits to see it when I logged in today/tonite (ehhh it's 2am geez go to sleep right??)
big_smile.png

Quote:
I would urge you to keep two if you can. Chickens are flock animals and very social, they do much better with companionship of their own kind than being alone.

Oh, I am going to have 8-9 Chickens...only one at this point will be a silkie. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom