Silkie thread!

Quote:
Yeah its yellow.
Could it be something in the feed making it go yellow?
It started off a little pinkish.
This is when I first got her ( Shes the white girl)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/fo...9365870504_553085503_21264122_594204853_n.jpg

Taken today.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/106490_p1060367.jpg

What do you feed her? I've seen chickens that have yellow combs and I wondered if they were anemic.

Free range stuff with grains and ect and I think there could be corn in it.
Could it possibly be the corn?
If so i can easliy change it over to something else

Quote:
What do you feed her? I've seen chickens that have yellow combs and I wondered if they were anemic.

Strange..I've never seen a bird with a yellow comb either. I doubt it's the corn, unless it was sprayed with some nasty chemicals or something while it was growing, because we feed corn and that's never happened. She's a cutie though
smile.png
. I especially like the one next to her in the pic. Thunder I think it is? She's so pretty
love.gif

Quote:

Strange..I've never seen a bird with a yellow comb either. I doubt it's the corn, unless it was sprayed with some nasty chemicals or something while it was growing, because we feed corn and that's never happened. She's a cutie though
smile.png
. I especially like the one next to her in the pic. Thunder I think it is? She's so pretty
love.gif

Yeahh thats Thunder, shes a very pretty girl, cant wait til they lay sometime next year

I'd avoid the corn; it really is not very nutritious, and corn can turn feathers yellow, as well as helping with leg colour on yellow legged breeds, so, ... Dark greens also do the same. Make sure she/he has a quality diet and see if it makes a difference.

Ok its the end of day 21 and i know ur not surposed to candle the eggs and I'm using a hen not an incubator the egg that is wierd has no air cell but on day 18 the egg was completly black accept for the air cell now it is a little black and like other spots its clear and there is no veins or air cell anymore dose this mean it is dead other ppl tell me they lose they veins and air cell when there about to hatch i need help and the second egg is black with veins close to aircell

Hello! I have a silkie that is about six to seven months old. I was wondering for all you silkie experts out there.... do silkies do okay as do other chickens during the winter months? Do they get colder easier because of their type of feathers? It seems to me that they are not that thick or warm, but I could be warm. I live in Washington so it doesn't get too terribly cold, but it is starting to get colder. Can anyone please advise?

sager:)silkies :

Ok its the end of day 21 and i know ur not surposed to candle the eggs and I'm using a hen not an incubator the egg that is wierd has no air cell but on day 18 the egg was completly black accept for the air cell now it is a little black and like other spots its clear and there is no veins or air cell anymore dose this mean it is dead other ppl tell me they lose they veins and air cell when there about to hatch i need help and the second egg is black with veins close to aircell

sager if its day 21, can't help you - it could either be about to hatch, or tried hatching and died. Give eggs 3 more days before thinking to toss, with the cooler weather they could be slow to develop. Its not unusual for chicks to hatch day 22-24 when the hen has an odd way to sit on the eggs, leaving some to stay too cool, or staying off too long often enough, and winds up muting their development by a couple days.​

Quote:
Yeah its yellow.
Could it be something in the feed making it go yellow?
It started off a little pinkish.
This is when I first got her ( Shes the white girl)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/fo...9365870504_553085503_21264122_594204853_n.jpg

Taken today.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/106490_p1060367.jpg

is there alot of marigold in the diet. it is added to make the fat nice and yellow.

6 of my 12 silkies eggs have hatched. :) 3 have almost identical coloring, they look like chipmunk stripes almost. they are black and greyish/brown. 2 that were born yesterday are a greyish white all over, and one is pretty much brown all over. out of the 6 i think 2-3 have four toes.....

these are from two white hens and one ( what i was told is called) partridge Roo. i like seeing the different color combos! i can't wait for the next 6 to hatch!!!

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom