Silkie thread!

Quote:
Probably your best bet is to post in the wanted section. Many breeders have pulled the males out for show season so eggs might be hard to come by. I haven't had my males and females together for two months now.

Also, post in the thread for your area. It would be MUCH better this time of year to get them locally from someone. Shipping eggs is tough enough, and winter just makes it a lot tougher. Good luck!!
smile.png

Quote:
Probably your best bet is to post in the wanted section. Many breeders have pulled the males out for show season so eggs might be hard to come by. I haven't had my males and females together for two months now.

Hi everyone!
I am from ri and had 5 baby Silkie chicks. Come to find out three are roosters and two are hens. I already had two Silkie roosters, so now I have 5 roosters and two hens. I wanted to get rid of 4 roosters, but don't want them to be killed. Does anyone know what I should do, or where I should go? Is anyone from ri?
There are two beautiful splash bearded roosters, two beautiful bearded white roosters and one black bearded rooster that has this green peacock like iridescence in his tail. They are beautiful and I'll try to post pics.
Help!
sad.png

Quote:
I am a bad one to ask .I told my husband that I am a silkie rooster hoarder
lau.gif
. I love them and I have 10. Now to defend my self I do have girls also.
Can not help it the roos are beautiful and what the heck if I am going to have chickens then I should have ones I like.

I have a quick question about one of my silkies colors...... Ok well she came out of the egg fluffy and yellow like its white siblings. This one had to be helped out after 24 hours. Well shes 3 weeks old tuesday and he fluff is coming in peach orangish color a little darker than a buff.

Could it just be a fluke? Also some of her wing feathers are gray going towards her body...

The rest of the yellow fluff chicks are developing into whites. Im stumped. Any ideas?
idunno.gif

112332_picture_1104.jpg
[/img] Pullet
112332_picture_1102.jpg
[/img] Pullet (same chick)
112332_picture_1105.jpg
[/img] Rooster
112332_picture_1106.jpg
[/img] Rooster ( same chick)

Okay not the greatest pictures cause of the light and cause I'm wearing that black shirt. Just need to know what colors that's all. I promise I wont get mad at our opinions cross my heart.
duc.gif
Mouth shut I promise lol.
duc.gif

duc.gif

duc.gif

Quote:
It may be lavender. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe lavender chicks are sometimes born with chipmonk markings.
hmm.png

The bird is closest to columbian of all varieties. Lavender is a self colour. Completely uniform.

Back
Top Bottom