710pollo

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2019
6E2295E2-B4F6-4B8E-A628-E75F23383586.jpeg
7DF275C0-7B18-4561-91A9-A10E7123D35F.jpeg
588BC3DE-7F75-4B7E-9C1C-C151932D9262.jpeg
6F548EC0-E28F-4289-8099-01141391D17A.jpeg
hi

My silkies are 6 weeks old now and I’m wondering if any of the pros have opinions on what sexs I have.

I can only really keep 1 rooster so I would rather adopted the rest out while they are young as possible so their new owners can enjoy this stage and bond. doesn’t look good, think they are all rooster to be honest from what I’ve read on here :/

I think:
Partridge in garden - male
Partridge on table - male
Black - male
White - male

Oh no I am not good at this game, I am not experienced enough to even try to guess at only 6 weeks based on pictures alone (whatever they are they're adorable though)! Have you considered DNA sexing, I've heard some good things about a place based in Spain that only charges around $5.00 per test and supposedly has a pretty quick turn around despite being in Spain. :)

On the handful of silkies I've actually raised to adulthood I've been pretty lucky with my guesses, I can guess better watching them and interacting with them. I've got 14 juveniles right now with recorded guesses on all of them so we shall see how good my guesses are in several months (I know I probably got 1 correct anyway since I guessed cockerel and he just crowed the other day at just under 6 weeks old). :D

I hope some of those end up being girls so you won't have to re-home too many! :fl

That’s really good I thought DNA sexing would be outta the question because of price but I think I might actually do that.

14 ! Wow. My broody laid 14 then sat, but I switched them for 6 from eBay, wish I ordered a dozen now :/

The kids want to name them so I really want to knwo for sure what I have. Spain it is!!

decided to keep them all, male or female :)

The place in Spain that has the $5.00 dollar tests is called sexadodeaves. I've never used it but I've seen some people in silkie groups on facebook being really happy with it since it is about half the price of a lot of the US companies and actually had a quicker turn around time for them than the US companies did. :)

That's great you got 4 of 6 shipped eggs to hatch, sounds like your broody did a really good job! I've got the 14 chicks that range from 6-8 weeks old but that was out of 43 shipped eggs! :lol:

Those babies are lucky they are going to be able to stay with you! :D

Back
Top Bottom