Silkies Of A Different Color

So glad u asked
yippiechickie.gif
here's two that i'm hopeing are girls???

the older one is starting to show a small amount of black coming in on her neck. i know the picture doesn't show it well.

both seem to have nice contrast from black to white with only a touch of gray.
Hope for you they are girls too.
fl.gif

these are their siblings from the same parents, not columbian but i like them so much any ways:)

sizzle got rain on before i took the picture so she's having a bit of a bad hair day ;)

i also kept 5 silver partridge all them started of with pale silver white chests, but now that their getting bigger are growing in more rosie tones or peach color in their chest. i think i'll use the first generation hens back to my columbian roo. and the second generation to my red roo in hopes of maybe a salmon???
heres my red roo

and a picture of the dad to the chicks above my columbian roo Rothgard hanging out in his mobile breeding cage. not his best picture.

OH my goodness your silkies are gorgeous! Do you ever sell eggs from your salmon and columbian breedings? If so I would be highly interested. I am big fan of the silkies. How long did it take for you to get a beautiful roosters like them?
smile.png

I hope to have lots of chicken breeding runs up and going by spring. But most everyone is free ranging in the main coop for the harsh Michigan winter where they can cuddle up to keep warm:) I'm hoping in February I will start separateing them in to the breeding coops.then I have and start work on a official large chicken barn, with separate yard for them to scratch in:) hopefully I will have some eggs from my project colors for sale in march. So soonish!

Anyone have an idea what this color is? Is this blue-red? He's out of a white silkie hen and - SUPPOSEDLY - a red-brown 'purebreed' Ameraucana. Well, he's silkie feathered, even if his flesh is white, so I doubt her roo wasn't a mix, even if she swears to god she bought him from a reputable breeder! Has anyone heard of a 'pure' Ameraucana carrying the silkie feather gene? Either way, he's sure interesting looking!

Aaaand... this is one of my pure Silkie pullets, I'm thinking Blue-Red as well? What do you think?

In the sun -

And with her black Silkie mother for comparison -

And here's her Blue sister.

The sire of both of these pullets was a very dark Blue Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom