Silkies Of A Different Color

Well, she has penciling for sure. I can't remember what the other is called. Each wing feather is outlined and she has the waves across her chest. Anyway, she has two different type designs, It might be mottling, but I think that is more random. Her markings are very structured if that makes any sense. I know it is hard to see in silkie feathering.

Well, she has penciling for sure. I can't remember what the other is called. Each wing feather is outlined and she has the waves across her chest. Anyway, she has two different type designs, It might be mottling, but I think that is more random. Her markings are very structured if that makes any sense. I know it is hard to see in silkie feathering.
Well, whatever shes got going on, its working for her!!!

Last edited:
Well, whatever shes got going on, its working for her!!!

Oooohhh I like her a lot!!! She would fit right in with my little wild things!!! Ha Ha! Ha! :lol:

Thanks for the compliments. I think she would be considered a lavender partridge. Her daddy is lavender (or correctly self blue) and her Momma is golden partridge/lavender split. I've been working on them for a little while now.

Can y'all help me with this color?

I had a chick sort of that color that ended up gray and another on shown below below who ended up a very grayish splash. He had the darker back as a baby just like yours has

ignore his nacked neck and try to see his a silkie. Here he is in full feather at about 4 months old

Maybe not, you never can tell what color baby fuzz will mature into. But these were my first grey colored silkies and based on their baby down colors I really did not expect them to feather in to gray . They were taupe colored chicks with a yellowish undercoat- no gray at all until they feathered out. The second photo of mine is probably the more accurate as to color. I can't seem to find pictures of my darker grays as chicks but I seem to remember the same taupe over yellow just a darker shade like yours. . Your chicks might be a touch more copperish than mine but your photos really made me think of my chicks as babies. My only other suggestion might be a partridge. Although most, but not all, of my partridge chicks had some chipmunk striping. .I'm curious to see how this chick comes out. Keep us updated.

Any Idea what color this is? I bought a Buff but its buff color has lightened and it has blue barred wing feathers coming in. Is it a porc or something else??!!!

Back
Top Bottom