Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I just realized I stopped getting notifications from the thread, I was wondering why things got so quiet! :lau

Loving all the cute silkie pictures! :love

I've had some bad luck with mean silkie roosters in the past. I hope I'll get some nice boys out of the current cockerels I have. They are all 5-7 months old and the more dominant ones are definitely testing to see what they can get away with. I got attacked for the first time a couple days ago when I had to catch one of the hens (she wasn't having it and the cockerel got me with my back turned). He's usually respectful and gives me my space, I didn't give him too hard a time since I believe he was just trying to protect the hen (he's been good since). I'm hoping as I get more into breeding I'll be able to pick only the best-natured male offspring to breed.

My hatching of eggs from my own silkies is being put on hold since I'm just not getting any interest in the 5 current chicks I have available (by spring I should have some better breeding prospects). I am getting a dozen eggs from a show breeder nearby in about a week though so I will get to do one last hatch before spring comes (I am so happy these ones won't be shipped so I'll have a decent chance of getting a good hatch and some nice lines to add to my flock)! :D

I just realized I stopped getting notifications from the thread, I was wondering why things got so quiet! :lau

Loving all the cute silkie pictures! :love

I've had some bad luck with mean silkie roosters in the past. I hope I'll get some nice boys out of the current cockerels I have. They are all 5-7 months old and the more dominant ones are definitely testing to see what they can get away with. I got attacked for the first time a couple days ago when I had to catch one of the hens (she wasn't having it and the cockerel got me with my back turned). He's usually respectful and gives me my space, I didn't give him too hard a time since I believe he was just trying to protect the hen (he's been good since). I'm hoping as I get more into breeding I'll be able to pick only the best-natured male offspring to breed.

My hatching of eggs from my own silkies is being put on hold since I'm just not getting any interest in the 5 current chicks I have available (by spring I should have some better breeding prospects). I am getting a dozen eggs from a show breeder nearby in about a week though so I will get to do one last hatch before spring comes (I am so happy these ones won't be shipped so I'll have a decent chance of getting a good hatch and some nice lines to add to my flock)! :D
Good luck.
I'll be getting hatching eggs from a Show Quality Silkie Breeder in Ohio next Spring that I Ordered from earlier this year.

Love my Silkies more and more every day!
:love:love:love

15721382286748173015496646719851.jpg

15721383079228419140788256035762.jpg

Back
Top Bottom