Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
My Blue Rooster (actually a cockerel at about 7 months old) has quite a personality. Him and his lady are free-range during the day and when he sees me come outside he runs up to me as fast as he can. Sometimes he actually makes me a bit nervous. I have two theories, he really likes me and wants to see if I have treats or he’s a rooster and wants to be aggressive/ dominant. I either pick him up or, a few times, I’ve stomped my feet so he gets the picture. Today, when I let him out he did a little side-stepping dance for me... is this love or should I be more assertive about who’s boss? I was wearing a blue bathrobe so maybe he couldn’t resist... lol. He has gone after the back of my legs once but he’s not constantly aggressive. Any thoughts?

My Blue Rooster (actually a cockerel at about 7 months old) has quite a personality. Him and his lady are free-range during the day and when he sees me come outside he runs up to me as fast as he can. Sometimes he actually makes me a bit nervous. I have two theories, he really likes me and wants to see if I have treats or he’s a rooster and wants to be aggressive/ dominant. I either pick him up or, a few times, I’ve stomped my feet so he gets the picture. Today, when I let him out he did a little side-stepping dance for me... is this love or should I be more assertive about who’s boss? I was wearing a blue bathrobe so maybe he couldn’t resist... lol. He has gone after the back of my legs once but he’s not constantly aggressive. Any thoughts?
I recently posted a thread about this called "Need Aggressive Rooster Advice", and a member named Uff Da (I don't want to tag her) replied and advised this link to me:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/a-viewpoint-on-managing-roosters.74690/
I have been following the instructions in there for a few days now and haven't had any problems.

(sorry this isn't silkie related, but I'm helping somebody with a silkie rooster, does that make a difference?:D)

Back
Top Bottom