Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
My Blue Rooster (actually a cockerel at about 7 months old) has quite a personality. Him and his lady are free-range during the day and when he sees me come outside he runs up to me as fast as he can. Sometimes he actually makes me a bit nervous. I have two theories, he really likes me and wants to see if I have treats or he’s a rooster and wants to be aggressive/ dominant. I either pick him up or, a few times, I’ve stomped my feet so he gets the picture. Today, when I let him out he did a little side-stepping dance for me... is this love or should I be more assertive about who’s boss? I was wearing a blue bathrobe so maybe he couldn’t resist... lol. He has gone after the back of my legs once but he’s not constantly aggressive. Any thoughts?
Dancing at you is a sign of him trying to be dominate towards you. If he mates in front of you, he's still trying to show dominance towards you. When he mates in front of you turn your back, & don't pay him any attention. I learned this from a website about how to train your rooster to be nice. I train my roos to be nice, I'll find the website for you.

My Blue Rooster (actually a cockerel at about 7 months old) has quite a personality. Him and his lady are free-range during the day and when he sees me come outside he runs up to me as fast as he can. Sometimes he actually makes me a bit nervous. I have two theories, he really likes me and wants to see if I have treats or he’s a rooster and wants to be aggressive/ dominant. I either pick him up or, a few times, I’ve stomped my feet so he gets the picture. Today, when I let him out he did a little side-stepping dance for me... is this love or should I be more assertive about who’s boss? I was wearing a blue bathrobe so maybe he couldn’t resist... lol. He has gone after the back of my legs once but he’s not constantly aggressive. Any thoughts?
Here's some useful tips.
https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/aggressive-roosters/

Back
Top Bottom