Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Love my fuzzy little dolls!! :jumpy Today my sweetest little Silkie Rooster, Diamond, sat on my lap and I trimmed a bit of fluff from his eyes. Once he could see again we watched a few YouTube chicken videos together! :pop I never would've believed that a chicken would intently watch a video like that but he was completely animated and totally engrossed by it. Absolutely adorable! He snuggled up against me and I said let's watch this scary one where a rooster whips a hawk! As it started to play the rooster attacked the hawk & squawked loudly! :eek::yaHe nearly jumped out of his skin & then started to cheer..lol.. craning his neck again & again excitedly!:celebrate Hahaha I figured that was enough tv for one day! :idunno

15742979961932604757307861837350.jpg
15742979416131125378823958776414.jpg
1574297854100353383051560953883.jpg
15742977930509000572138116823994.jpg
15742977694184426130285228674713.jpg

what colors are they? they have a white mom and black dad, yes they have painted nails

Hello fellow silkie lovers!

I am making an article about "Sexing Silkies" but I need pictures! If anybody has any pictures they would like to be in it please send them to me. If you send them to me you are giving me permission to use them (only in this article).

I am specifically looking for:
-Pictures that are comparing the size of males and females side by side or bantam vs. standard size
-Pictures that compare the stance/posture of a male chicks and a female chicks
-Pictures that show the growth of a silkie chick's comb by week or month (like silkie comb at 5 weeks)
-Pictures of rooster hackle feathers growing in
-If anybody happens to have a picture of a silkie rooster crowing or exploring around or just looking curious that would be cool

I (obviously) didn't take many pictures while my silkies were growing, so I need a lot. If you do send a picture to me I need the age and (if they have one) name of the silkie.

Thanks in advance

I am making an article about "Sexing Silkies" but I need pictures! If anybody has any pictures they would like to be in it please send them to me. If you send them to me you are giving me permission to use them (only in this article).

-Pictures that are comparing the size of males and females side by side or bantam vs. standard size
-Pictures that show the growth of a silkie chick's comb by week or month (like silkie comb at 5 weeks)
-If anybody happens to have a picture of a silkie rooster crowing or exploring around or just looking curious that would be cool

I (obviously) didn't take many pictures while my silkies were growing, so I need a lot. If you do send a picture to me I need the age and (if they have one) name of the silkie.

Thanks in advance
Also, I will be using posture, behavior, size, combs, and hackles to sex them in the article, but if anybody knows another way to sex them (not including feather or vent sexing) I would be happy to hear about it.

Thanks in advance

I will definitely have some photos for you!

I'll try and send some later on if I get time :D

how old do you want the chicks/adults to be in the pics?
I am looking for a couple really young chicks showing rooster and hen/pullet posture, and the rest to be cockerels and pullets (so they are sort of still growing).

I will definitely have some photos for you!

I'll try and send some later on if I get time :D
Thank you so much:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom