Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Guess what? The Silkie I thought was a boy started laying eggs. Now she's gone BROODY! She's so tiny and so crazy!

I am trying to break her now. Boy is she angry! I tried using the dig crate I use for my big girls, but she's too tiny! I have her in an old file crate turned upside down on the bare coop floor (no bedding). It's the perfect size. I'll have to come up with a way to get her up off the floor, but this will have to work for now...

Silly little chicken....
Aww! :lol: Well at least she’s a girl! :woot

Change of plan with my breeding cages I was getting made...

So, the shed is up and is all secure but the person who was meant to be making the custom cages isn't able to do it anymore unless I wanted smaller sizes, which I don't.

So I've gone for a simpler plan...

I'm getting two 4ft x 3ft dog crates, one on top of another stacked. Then one other smaller 3ft x 3ft dog crate for the male to be in alone.

They then have the run to go in during the day also.

I'm getting these covers for around the cages to keep all the mess from being scratched everywhere, plus it should darken it for the male crowing.

IMG_1786.jpg

I have a silkie pullet that I am treating for a severe case of wry neck for a week. She doesn’t seem to be making much improvement. How long does it take for these cases to recover enough that I don’t have to hold her head up for her to eat? She is getting vit E twice a day, selenium once a day and Corid as I have an outbreak in my flock.

I have a silkie pullet that I am treating for a severe case of wry neck for a week. She doesn’t seem to be making much improvement. How long does it take for these cases to recover enough that I don’t have to hold her head up for her to eat? She is getting vit E twice a day, selenium once a day and Corid as I have an outbreak in my flock.
I had a silkie chick with wry neck earlier this year that was pretty bad. We helped him tup his head up to eat and drink and gave him a diet of half sunflower seeds insides and half chick crumbles. He was better before two weeks were up.

Update: Skye Bloo the silkie is mysteriously better after I found her sleeping on the floor of the coop. I have no idea what happened, I'm just glad she's healthy!

Back
Top Bottom