Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I’m a huge fan. I have 18 Silkies and 10 Silkie mixes (Satins) at this time. I’m not sure which is my favorite. These are my mature boys
F499AF2D-9F93-40F3-AE7F-E565EA10D91C.jpeg

I am picking this boy up tomorrow. Hes a bit of a trek but as soon as I saw the photo I knew he was the right one. My plan is to use him and some unrelated hens to set up my own line of silkies and showgirls in the red Pyle colour he has. Its not recognised or correct in the UK and neither is his size or type and traditional chicken people are horrified at what I'm planning :gig:gigAmerican style silkies are very, very popular in the UK right now and demand far outstrips supply , there's a lot of very poor quality about so I am just really happy to have found this guy!

105740288_10157681953738667_6827737475247657550_o.jpg

I am picking this boy up tomorrow. Hes a bit of a trek but as soon as I saw the photo I knew he was the right one. My plan is to use him and some unrelated hens to set up my own line of silkies and showgirls in the red Pyle colour he has. Its not recognised or correct in the UK and neither is his size or type and traditional chicken people are horrified at what I'm planning :gig:gigAmerican style silkies are very, very popular in the UK right now and demand far outstrips supply , there's a lot of very poor quality about so I am just really happy to have found this guy!

105740288_10157681953738667_6827737475247657550_o.jpg

He is very handsome, I love the red pyle color! I'm hoping to work with this color as well with the edition of trying to get more black paint spots along with the red to achieve a tri color effect (not sure it's going to work but I can't help but want to work on some fun color projects and I really love some of the paints with red as well as splash calicos I've seen).

Good luck with starting your red pyle line, it sounds like a fun project! :)

View attachment 2210910
Dot my beautiful Splash hen.
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow she is just gorgeous! :love

Back
Top Bottom