Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Do you think my chicks are mocking my broody?? :lau I just went out to coop and saw them sitting on top, poor broody can't have chicks coz my eggs aren't fertile :(
IMG20201224111902.jpg
Can't help but post pics of the cute fluffballs! ...:love
IMG20201224111812.jpg
IMG20201224111430.jpg
IMG20201224111204.jpg IMG20201224110724.jpg

Nooooo! I have too many fluffy photos I love them all!!

I tried hatching more Silkies (since I currently have none), but the eggs weren’t fertile. I’m thinking about going back to get some chicks from Alabama Silkies in the spring!
I had mine shipped all the way to Hawaii from Alabama. Out of the 16 one was infertile, 15 went to lockdown and 14 hatched! Only one of them had a saddled air cell. They do an excellent job packing their hatching eggs and if you’re in the same state it should be an even easier ride for the eggs!🥰

I can't wait to start spring hatching and breeding!
Neither can I! I sort of want to do a hatch right now at the beginning of winter, I'm not sure if I can wait until February. Maybe I could do a January hatch? I'll see, I might be pushing it :D

I did just get gifted a brand new egg candler from a good friend. I was doing fine using my hands, but I tested it on an eating egg and it worked amazing! It has a really bright light (lesson learned, don't shine it in your eyes) and you don't have to hold the egg so you get a great look at the inside. This is another thing pushing me to hatch!

@Mmanist your silkies are beautiful! I love paints! :love

Neither can I! I sort of want to do a hatch right now at the beginning of winter, I'm not sure if I can wait until February. Maybe I could do a January hatch? I'll see, I might be pushing it :D

I did just get gifted a brand new egg candler from a good friend. I was doing fine using my hands, but I tested it on an eating egg and it worked amazing! It has a really bright light (lesson learned, don't shine it in your eyes) and you don't have to hold the egg so you get a great look at the inside. This is another thing pushing me to hatch!

@Mmanist your silkies are beautiful! I love paints! :love
I want to set a hatch for mid February

Back
Top Bottom