Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Hey guys! Once again notifications stopped showing up so I have missed out on no telling how many posts. But I need some advice on what color you think this little baby is. I have hatched out silver partridge but they don't usually look this dark of a color.

Attachments

• IMG_5406 (1).JPG
    IMG_5406 (1).JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey guys! Once again notifications stopped showing up so I have missed out on no telling how many posts. But I need some advice on what color you think this little baby is. I have hatched out silver partridge but they don't usually look this dark of a color.
I do not know, but that is one beautiful chick! 🥰

I really need to spend more time with them. They are not socialized with people nearly as much as I want them to be. I've just been so busy with their coop and the garden... I need to find a couple of hours this weekend and really hold and handle all of them for at least 20 minutes each...
Same here!

I'm not sure either....

I think of the possibilities silver partridge/gray does seem a little more likely. Hard to tell with chick down though....it can be so deceptive sometimes!

Really beautiful little one, I love the color and pattern! :love

I'm not sure either....

I think of the possibilities silver partridge/gray does seem a little more likely. Hard to tell with chick down though....it can be so deceptive sometimes!

Really beautiful little one, I love the color and pattern! :love
Thank you! I'm so confused at this last hatch. Some are hatching out a brown partridge color which I have NEVER gotten before.

Thank you! I'm so confused at this last hatch. Some are hatching out a brown partridge color which I have NEVER gotten before.

Oh interesting! Are you using any new boys over your girls? Some roosters have both silver and gold so can throw both silver and gold based chicks. :)

Of course sometimes the brown looking ones still turn out grey/silver partridge. I've seen some pictures of chicks that were a dark red brown that turned out grey/silver partridge! :lol:

Oh interesting! Are you using any new boys over your girls? Some roosters have both silver and gold so can throw both silver and gold based chicks. :)

Of course sometimes the brown looking ones still turn out grey/silver partridge. I've seen some pictures of chicks that were a dark red brown that turned out grey/silver partridge! :lol:
That is interesting. I had my white rooster and blue rooster in there with these chicks. Which I had before with several of my previous hatches but none of them turned out like this. I've always gotten one or two silver partridge and then half and half blue and white. Now it's half partridge and half blue!

That is interesting. I had my white rooster and blue rooster in there with these chicks. Which I had before with several of my previous hatches but none of them turned out like this. I've always gotten one or two silver partridge and then half and half blue and white. Now it's half partridge and half blue!

Ah yeah that is interesting! Any new girls laying or ones that you didn't get many chicks from before? 🤔

Ah yeah that is interesting! Any new girls laying or ones that you didn't get many chicks from before? 🤔
Well, it's hard to know which eggs are from which hens. I know they are all laying because they're all in the nesting boxes but I'm not sure if maybe my splash started laying now and just thought she was earlier or not. She is the only one that could've been new.

Back
Top Bottom