Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Well I think the hair cut helped out Cher Bear. Tonight she went in the coop at bedtime!!! :celebrate:weeI’m so proud of her!:love

Also maybe you can’t see it well, but I feel like Cher has a bit of white in her head feather fluff and on her butt fluff. Could this just be random feathers of a young pullet that will eventually change to full on solid black? Am I seeing things or do you see some white patches too? They’re so cute I had to take pictures 😍

Attachments

• 29FE60B6-4C4C-4713-B3A7-44B1573170D3.jpeg
    29FE60B6-4C4C-4713-B3A7-44B1573170D3.jpeg
    796.2 KB · Views: 1
  • C9AD7680-8325-4607-8EF3-93D25543B3A6.jpeg
    C9AD7680-8325-4607-8EF3-93D25543B3A6.jpeg
    695.1 KB · Views: 1
  • EE16FDAA-58DE-4BA6-BB7C-031E20EC7A36.jpeg
    EE16FDAA-58DE-4BA6-BB7C-031E20EC7A36.jpeg
    817.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 6E80FDED-6DBF-4211-B67E-0A1A16BDE507.jpeg
    6E80FDED-6DBF-4211-B67E-0A1A16BDE507.jpeg
    723.7 KB · Views: 1
Well I think the hair cut helped out Cher Bear. Tonight she went in the coop at bedtime!!! :celebrate:weeI’m so proud of her!:love

Also maybe you can’t see it well, but I feel like Cher has a bit of white in her head feather fluff and on her butt fluff. Could this just be random feathers of a young pullet that will eventually change to full on solid black? Am I seeing things or do you see some white patches too? They’re so cute I had to take pictures 😍

some of mine were like that and turned solid black.

What cuties! It'll be interesting to see how she grows out!

Cant stand them...

I was at Tractor Supply a while back. Wanted to get a few Bantams. They had 3.... so I bought them. Of course I needed more.... I work out of town so I told Janet to pick me up a half dozen next time she went in there....so I get home a week later and she had picked me up 6 like I asked her to..... all 6 had featherd legs and 2 of them were Silkies....🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I was pretty mad. I love her to death but she bought them because they were sooooo cute..... well they have grown on me and I now own 5 because I went back to Tractor Supply and made the girl that works in there pick out any more Silkies that were in the bin. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Cant stand them...

I was at Tractor Supply a while back. Wanted to get a few Bantams. They had 3.... so I bought them. Of course I needed more.... I work out of town so I told Janet to pick me up a half dozen next time she went in there....so I get home a week later and she had picked me up 6 like I asked her to..... all 6 had featherd legs and 2 of them were Silkies....🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I was pretty mad. I love her to death but she bought them because they were sooooo cute..... well they have grown on me and I now own 5 because I went back to Tractor Supply and made the girl that works in there pick out any more Silkies that were in the bin. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I am avoiding tractor supply until June 1 for this very reason 🤣

🤔 hmm.... do you think she could be a dark blue??

I don’t know! The breeder called her black and she’s pretty black despite the lighting in the pictures, but maybe 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have a tougher time with the blues in silkies cuz there’s no lacing to give it away 🤪
Here is my previous dark blue... i miss her and her sister 😢

You can see she appeared pretty dark, or light, depending on the lighting. But black is super dark.

20200822_123700.jpg 20200822_122615.jpg 20200714_181547.jpg 20200715_170452.jpg 20200725_142433.jpg

Back
Top Bottom