Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
My splash looked so so light and got spots much later. I actually thought she was lavender at first.
That's cool. I was wondering because I have a silkie this mom is black and dad is blue but she soo light and so I posted and a few people said shes self blue( which I read Is lavender) is there a chance she could be splash?

That's cool. I was wondering because I have a silkie this mom is black and dad is blue but she soo light and so I posted and a few people said shes self blue( which I read Is lavender) is there a chance she could be splash?
Well, there's a chance that black hen is actually dark blue, which would give you a chance of blue or splash.. i am not sure about the genetics on self blue, but i thought both parents had to be thst. 🤔

Do you have a pic of all 3?

Well, there's a chance that black hen is actually dark blue, which would give you a chance of blue or splash.. i am not sure about the genetics on self blue, but i thought both parents had to be thst. 🤔

Do you have a pic of all 3?
4912BBBB-5C02-40F6-8C63-07C63D87122D.jpeg

Charlie 🔝
C575EA63-0B8B-4BE8-9644-152A58FBA5F3.jpeg

Blue🔝
CD1EA5EE-3184-49DB-A740-D2890FD467DB.jpeg

Nezuko🔝Their sister is black.

I'm fairly serton that Charlies black.
I thought my blue was black for the longest! But.. i can see some coloring coming in on your chick!!

Here is a pic of my blue, Bella (she has since gone to a new home). She was pretty dark, totally depended if she was in direct sunlight.

20200714_181510.jpg 20200707_184850.jpg

Very light blue maybe, but unlikely. That's definitely a black hen so splash is out.

Self blue (lavender) takes two copies to show as it's recessive. It can hide for generations until two copies meet. So there is a chance that it could show up if each parent has a copy.

Means self blue is a good possibility. It's a lighter grey on the birds and has a different look than blue.

Very light blue maybe, but unlikely. That's definitely a black hen so splash is out.

Self blue (lavender) takes two copies to show as it's recessive. It can hide for generations until two copies meet. So there is a chance that it could show up if each parent has a copy.

Means self blue is a good possibility. It's a lighter grey on the birds and has a different look than blue.
That would is very exciting! I love all these special coloring expressions 💕

I thought my blue was black for the longest! But.. i can see some coloring coming in on your chick!!

Here is a pic of my blue, Bella (she has since gone to a new home). She was pretty dark, totally depended if she was in direct sunlight.

View attachment 3142252View attachment 3142253
Awww Such cuties. Thank you for answering my questions. Charlie is black as I don't think the breeder would have sold me a blue hen saying it was black. I was a bit confused so I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

That's cool. She does look like a self blue. I just googled pictures.
8896D8CC-D5C3-40C3-91AC-C916F56FB522.jpeg
Nexuko. I took it a few days ago. She is getting a bit darker.

Back
Top Bottom