Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 789 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Has anyone gotten hatching eggs from charisetrott on ebay? And if so what might I expect?
So I checked on hers and she looks good!

The only think I'm not understanding is what is the definition of mottled. She's showing ones that look like my cuckoos, and nothing like my mottled.

Mottled:
frizzle mottled 3-27-24.jpeg
1711767072807.png

Then what she shows as mottled looks like mine that I'm told is a frizzle cuckoo. I'm lost as everyone calls these different lol.
IMG_0707.jpeg

Hahaha you got it! All 12 hatched!

I was thwarted from taking a bunch of cute pics because I discovered 2 had splay leg this AM and I’ve never dealt with that before. So I got into a bit of a panic and tossed the other 10 under my broody immediately.

But here are some! I hatched 8 white/paint (time will tell which is which), 1 blue, 1 splash, 1 black and 1 partridge.
View attachment 3785954View attachment 3785960View attachment 3785961View attachment 3785959
Oh my goodness Silkys are the most adorable chicks ever !!!!! Look at that top hair !!!! Love them !!! So cute oh my gosh

What’s a chick hobble ?
For us, it's vet wrap, but I presume Hinotori buys them on Amazon as I've seen those too. It's for splayed/spraddled legs that newly hatched chicks sometimes have. If you catch it right away, it takes less time to correct, usually 1-3 days.

Yeah, these I have are bought off amazon, but I used to make them with the thin sewing elastic in the same basic design.

View attachment 3786025View attachment 3786026
!!!!!!! Oh my gosh wowza gonna be pretty!!!! I c u have it on like this wait is this a new chick if yours? Have u heard of indigo egg. Bobbi’s Silkys? I was thinking of getting a couple….

!!!!!!! Oh my gosh wowza gonna be pretty!!!! I c u have it on like this wait is this a new chick if yours? Have u heard of indigo egg. Bobbi’s Silkys? I was thinking of getting a couple….

This chick was from last year I think. I haven't hatched any this year yet. I have to plan around visits to family as well.

Back
Top Bottom