silkies

matthewrbo

Chirping
Apr 23, 2023
Hi, I am purchasing 3 baby Silkies and I have a few questions about how to raise them. I currently have a chicken coop with different types of Rocks an Easter Egger and a Brahma. If I put the Silkies in the same coop with those breeds will the Silkies get bullied? Also does anyone have any recommendations for a separate coop that can be kept both indoor and outdoor? I am unsure whether they are males or females. Also if they are males will the Silkies be aggressive? If anyone has any other things that I should know about or be worried about, please let me know. thanks
Matt

Hello: I have three silkie hens. I also have two barred rocks in my flock of 20. The silkies do get bullied, but not bad enough to separate. However, if you plan to put a rooster in with the standards, you definitely need to get the silkies into their own place. The biggest challenge you will have with the silkies in my opinion (if hens) is broodiness. I have not heard many people here complain about silkie roosters being aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom