Silky- Red Sex Link Cross

I only had 2 in the incubator, one stopped developing early on, he it is.

This is an interesting thread. My wife and I have a partridge silkie and red sex link hens plus some other hens. We mixed the silkie with our 3 red sex links and half the chicks were black the other were pure white. Unfortunately something got our 4 white chicks but the 2 black ones turned out great and are 2 months old. One is very dark black with gold lacing and she has a greenish tint.the other one is grayish blue and both are pullets as a matter of fact all 7 were pullets! They have normal feathers and feathered legs. I'm glad to report all my silkies (3)are brooding again on a batch of mixed eggs and my first hatched today! A silkie sex link cross (black) and a few others have little beaks poking through, I won't be sleeping well tonight I can't wait to see what we have in the am. Good luck with the cross they are adorable and the friendliest chicks

This is an interesting thread. My wife and I have a partridge silkie and red sex link hens plus some other hens. We mixed the silkie with our 3 red sex links and half the chicks were black the other were pure white. Unfortunately something got our 4 white chicks but the 2 black ones turned out great and are 2 months old. One is very dark black with gold lacing and she has a greenish tint.the other one is grayish blue and both are pullets as a matter of fact all 7 were pullets! They have normal feathers and feathered legs. I'm glad to report all my silkies (3)are brooding again on a batch of mixed eggs and my first hatched today! A silkie sex link cross (black) and a few others have little beaks poking through, I won't be sleeping well tonight I can't wait to see what we have in the am. Good luck with the cross they are adorable and the friendliest chicks
awesome! That's really lucky that you got seven pullets in one hatch of seven... O wish mine would do that! Lol, I have three silkie/easter egger crosses that are somewhere near 4 months. Two cockerels and one pullet... But they were raised by a broody so I they're really skiddish and its gonna be really hard to catch them when I drop the roos off at the feed store :/ (there's a guy that takes any roosters for free and either butchers them or I think he gives them to a zoo to feed to the lions. Which is actually REALLY cool)

No only one hatched, the one egg quit developing at day 9, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pullet.

awesome! That's really lucky that you got seven pullets in one hatch of seven... O wish mine would do that! Lol, I have three silkie/easter egger crosses that are somewhere near 4 months. Two cockerels and one pullet... But they were raised by a broody so I they're really skiddish and its gonna be really hard to catch them when I drop the roos off at the feed store :/ (there's a guy that takes any roosters for free and either butchers them or I think he gives them to a zoo to feed to the lions. Which is actually REALLY cool)

We have actually been very lucky with the few hatches we got this year we haven't hatched out a single rooster. I'm not sure what we will do with them if we do because the chickens are my wife's babies and she won't eat them or want to give them up

UPDATE- This is a picture of the same bird I posted above about 4 months ago, seems like yesterday she was hatched. Thanks to all who have held out to see this picture! This will probably give anyone an insight to maybe hatching out some of their own! She is a very docile bird and loves to be loved!!

UPDATE- This is a picture of the same bird I posted above about 4 months ago, seems like yesterday she was hatched. Thanks to all who have held out to see this picture! This will probably give anyone an insight to maybe hatching out some of their own! She is a very docile bird and loves to be loved!!
are you sure that's the same bird? It doesn't show any Silkie characteristics
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom