Silly Emu Pics

lol to that last one
lol.png

Now, just for all the BYC readers who don't actually raise emus, these photos of the Wardens are really really especially good, I kid you not. Catching the chicks' spazzy dance so close and squarely on film took a very great deal of patience.

Supreme Emu

Quote:
I bought up in Somerset, south east, I think, of Placerville. 2,080 feet elevation. Property needs well work, a new well pump, propane piping re-done, tank installed, etc., so I'm not living there. I do spend a night or two on some weekends. I anticipate a major flock move in mid-July.

It's ALL front (and side) yard; the house is danged near built on the back property line. Well, 15 feet away from it... The property is slanted, with terracing, and when I get it fenced, I imagine any emu could jump the fence after a good run down the front yard.

Darn it.

No kidding Darn it! The emu breeder lives in Somerset!
barnie.gif

Yep, this emu breeder is right around the corner
frow.gif
. Linda, if you want a "real" emu fix, c'mon over. I'm hand raising Mary's birds older sibling. KnockKnock is quite the friendly character and loves greeting people that come visit. I'm probably all of 10 minutes from you in Somerset.

~Eve

Quote:
No kidding Darn it! The emu breeder lives in Somerset!
barnie.gif

frow.gif
. Linda, if you want a "real" emu fix, c'mon over. I'm hand raising Mary's birds older sibling. KnockKnock is quite the friendly character and loves greeting people that come visit. I'm probably all of 10 minutes from you in Somerset.

~Eve

I was sad when Mary gave Knock Knock back. It curled up and went to sleep in my lap. That baby has quite the personality! (but spoiled ROTTEN!!!!!)

Quote:
frow.gif

~Eve

I was sad when Mary gave Knock Knock back. It curled up and went to sleep in my lap. That baby has quite the personality! (but spoiled ROTTEN!!!!!)

He still loves curling up in my lap. Only thing is, he's already getting too big to be a lap emu. Yes, Mary did spoil him rotten, but we're trying to adjust
wink.png

Quote:
Oh, you poor dear! So you think he is a boy? Apparently so are my two since we saw their private parts. I am anxious to find a young female somewhere. Let me know if you know of any. Is it too late to get fertile eggs this time of year?

Back
Top Bottom