Silver black swans or Merle Swans

I have a black male that needs a mate. I've had him since he was 7 months old, his mate was lost when he was 1 year. I really would like to get him a mate I hate that he's alone. Are yours black?

I have a black male that needs a mate. I've had him since he was 7 months old, his mate was lost when he was 1 year. I really would like to get him a mate I hate that he's alone. Are yours black?

Yes, mine is an Australian Black but have no idea what sex it is. Is there anyway to tell other then D&A testing........or waiting to see it it lays eggs, haha!! Almost 6 weeks old now and amazed how big it is. Peachicks (baby peacocks/peahens) grow a lot slower. It's starting to grow feathers in a few places. How old is your male? It concerns me this one being alone but hoping more will hatch.

Do you have a big pond? If not what size is your small one or are you just using kiddie pool or trough. I've heard some people don't provide water for them to get in. I know nothing about waterfowl but am taking pretty darn good care of this one so far. It bathes every day or every other day in the bathtub. I'm feeding it Mazuri Waterfowl Starter but will switch to the Mazuri Maintenance Friday when I pick up a bag I ordered. It eats some grass out in the yard when I take it out but afraid it will eat a bad weed so prefer to give it Romaine lettuce which it eats lots of and loves it. I still have it on wire so poo is going through into those plastic/vinyl square tubs cement is mixed in. The brooder is 4 by 6 feet. I can't imagine having it on the ground....how would anyone keep it sanitary? I've seen hay on the ground where swan are in pens on youtube but seems they would soil it horribly in a day. Maybe if they don't have as much access to water it's not as much as a mess? Maybe when they get older??? Guess if they are in a pond the owner has no idea how much waste they pass in a day, LOL!!!

Where are you located? I'm about 30 miles north of San Antonio, TX. I have some more eggs in the incubator. Some Australian Black and White Mute. I get to keep half of what hatches. The owners of the eggs intend to sell the swan but maybe at an older age. I'm not sure. I'd sell mine younger.

Do you have any pictures of your cob? Isn't that what a male swan is called?

OK, see your picture now. A wonderful home for a swan for sure. I've read often only one pair can use a lake......that pair will run off their cygnets and other swans. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the size of the lake and attitude of the particular swans and perhaps where they nest. This swan is pinioned, are yours? What happened to your Aussies mate?

That's not always the case, we have several on our ponds

♡Swans♡ all are pinioned, most are tame enough to eat from ur hand. We ship daily with delta cargo and also deliver to most places. We have pairs and singles if u need a replacement mate. NPIP farm, all raised and kept on open water at our farm in Florida. call or text 352-494-1028
Young Blacks $800pr
Mutes and Blacks $1500pr
Whoopers and Trumpeters $3000pr
Breeder Blacknecks $4500pr

SwanFever

I am looking for a female and would like her to be around the males age which is 1 yr and 4 mos old. I actually heard from the guy today I got mine from and he is having 3 sexed in the next few weeks. Just out of curiosity, I didn't pay near what you're asking. Is there a reason for that, I don't wanna show them or anything? Just wanna watch them swim on my lake. Are you the breeder in Lakeland?

Gunther, 4 months and Gracie, 2 months old are growing out of their large kiddie pool and the 8 by 28 foot aviary they are in. Soon they'll not be babies anymore. I'm going nuts trying to decide if I want to have a pond built or just use a huge water trough I can empty at least once a week and fill with fresh water. They love their CLEAN FRESH water. I empty and refill the kiddie pool every other day which brings about a question to you seasoned swan owners. How cool is too cool for Gracie at actually 7 weeks old to be in water? It's 60 degrees here now with fresh water being colder. Is she ok in it? I've not let them into that half of the aviary yet this morning. ALSO, what is to cold for them to be in water in the winter? Here in the Texas Hill Country we do have freezes going down to 16 degrees. I can't imagine leaving them in water when freezing. Am I wrong? Assuming I should build their new domaine so water source can be shut off but the way they run to their pool in the morning I'd think they'd beat down the petition to reach water, LOL!!! They LOVE their water. Can I put some feeder goldfish in pool for them to eat?

Please help me out here. I have peafowl and know all about them but new to this and don't want to do these precious water birds an injustice. Any and all advice will be very much appreciated.

Darlene

Back
Top Bottom