Mandarin Ducks Ducklings

CTBirdGirl

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
Just wondering if anyone has had success or can offer advice on how to find great homes for mandarin ducklings. I have 16 that hatched this spring and I’m having a difficult time finding qualified homes. I’ve had lots of people respond to my ads who are familiar with domesticated ducks but don’t realize mandarins need a fully enclosed aviary, nesting boxes, etc. I’m wondering if there are any mandarin breeders or experts who can offer me some advice on selling these guys to fantastic homes. After getting my first pair of mandarins 4 years ago I’ve become entirely taken with them and think they are the neatest of all backyard birds (they’re small, not mean to each other or other species, they’re so smart and interesting to watch, and of course they’re gorgeous). I love the idea of sharing my love of these unique birds with other people by selling my ducks’ babies but won’t sell them to just anyone because I really care about their well-being. Any advice? I’m in the New England area. Pictures are of the parents and a couple of the babies just because they’re adorable!

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    490 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3096.jpeg
    IMG_3096.jpeg
    603.6 KB · Views: 27
Just wondering if anyone has had success or can offer advice on how to find great homes for mandarin ducklings. I have 16 that hatched this spring and I’m having a difficult time finding qualified homes. I’ve had lots of people respond to my ads who are familiar with domesticated ducks but don’t realize mandarins need a fully enclosed aviary, nesting boxes, etc. I’m wondering if there are any mandarin breeders or experts who can offer me some advice on selling these guys to fantastic homes. After getting my first pair of mandarins 4 years ago I’ve become entirely taken with them and think they are the neatest of all backyard birds (they’re small, not mean to each other or other species, they’re so smart and interesting to watch, and of course they’re gorgeous). I love the idea of sharing my love of these unique birds with other people by selling my ducks’ babies but won’t sell them to just anyone because I really care about their well-being. Any advice? I’m in the New England area. Pictures are of the parents and a couple of the babies just because they’re adorable!
I'd advertise on softbills for sale and in the APWS magazine.
You could also post them on the Wild Waterfowl in Aviculture Facebook page. All of those people are ornamebral waterfowl breeders and already have aviaries.
There are sometimes new people who are interested that may not have an aviary yet but are willing to build one. If I can confirm that they did build one I will still sell them birds. They're the easiest of all ornamental species so most people have no problem with them.

I'd advertise on softbills for sale and in the APWS magazine.
You could also post them on the Wild Waterfowl in Aviculture Facebook page. All of those people are ornamebral waterfowl breeders and already have aviaries.
There are sometimes new people who are interested that may not have an aviary yet but are willing to build one. If I can confirm that they did build one I will still sell them birds. They're the easiest of all ornamental species so most people have no problem with them.
Thank you! This is very helpful!

Eh, the truth prolly has to do more with your price. White pairs sell for $250 plus shipping, regulars are 125-150 plus shipping. In about a month softbills will have 50 ads with those prices .....

Back
Top Bottom