Silver laced Cochin Bantams

Pics

fancychickenlover

Chirping
11 Years
Dec 11, 2011
Coventry, Rhode Island
I'm just starting this thread cause I love Cochins in the silver laced variety and I would love to see pictures of peoples birds! Also pics of golden laced cochin bantams would be nice also! And if you or anyone you may know that breeds silver laced Cochin bantams would contact me that would be nice! Thank you - Dan

Thank you Amy for posting pics.
thumbsup.gif

Here he is. I've posted his dad on the thread and his mom is in my cochin pics

Shy, he's ADORABLE! I was hoping to let my little ones grow up a bit and see what (if anything) I even have to work with!
I'm still sorting through the genetics in my head... So he would be best crossed back to Silver laced hens, right? I have 2 chicks and am praying I have a least one girl (so far my Calicos look to be 5 girls & 1 boy. What are the chances my luck will hold?). If not, crossing him to Columbian will give me what? My brain says 50/50 chance of incomplete pattern vs. no pattern. Do I have that right?
Are you planning to keep him around a while???

I just sold 2 SL 10 month old hens. They weren't showable though, so went to a lovely farm home to be yard decoration. :) Bought me a bag of feed with the money! One hardly had toe feathers and no bun...the other had bad lacing and such long wings that the feathers bent at the ends from when she roosted. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

I love them too~~ Here is my boy Jake with one of his girls Laverne; He has 2 more ladies like her...They are just the prettiest chickens and feathers as thick as can be....

I have a SL cockerel that looking for a home.
wink.png
I do have a nice hen but not parting with her at the moment, just wish she would realize spring is coming and start laying me some eggs again.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I don't have any pictures, but would like to see some! I found a breeder, and she is putting silver laced Cochins (standard though) in the incubator tomorrow, so I can go pick them up in 3 weeks! So excited
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom