Silver laced Cochin Bantams

Pics
Ok try two...wow I'm editing it to ad these again cause I messed it all up!
Boy 1

Boy 2

Here is the third boy just one pic though :/

Missed pics of the fourth,will get later.

ETA: Ok two is a hen! HEN HEN! How did I DO that? Grrr let me ad the other one..

I have more Cochins three more. Roos and three hens a mottled, a buff and a not so great Millie ( I think ) lol

Last edited:
I have very little experience when it comes to culling, but I would choose boy #2. Based on the pictures, he seems to be a bit "fuller" than boys #1 and #3.

I agree on boy 2. Pics may not show all but he appears the better one.
Serendipity, watch for comb and wattle development on yr little ones. Also females tend to fil in their body feathers before males.

I am really hoping I've got a pair here, but either way, I'm loving them! The color (variety) is just so striking! And these 2 are the first to jump up on my hand or on the edge of their cage every time I open it. They jump up on my lap out in the little pen in the yard. As far as I can see, they are feathering at exactly the same rate, just a little different in the color pattern. And this first one has a little comb & wattle development, but not as much as some of the other (Columbian) chicks that hatched out at the same time. Time will tell. In the meantime, aren't they adorable!??!!
love.gif

This is the one I'm leaning towards roo:

"Roo" on left

"Roo" again

And I think this one might be a girl.

I have very little experience when it comes to culling, but I would choose boy #2. Based on the pictures, he seems to be a bit "fuller" than boys #1 and #3.

I agree on boy 2. Pics may not show all but he appears the better one.
Serendipity, watch for comb and wattle development on yr little ones. Also females tend to fil in their body feathers before males.

Thank you too! ;)

Back
Top Bottom