Silver laced Cochin Bantams

Pics

Me and my little guy absolutely ADORE our little silver laced cochin. She is my most docile and friendly chicken of my flock. she just lets him pick her up and tote her around - my roo is a Red Frizzle bantam cochin.... any idea what coloring their chicks may have ? I am very confused by chicken genetics - this little silver laced hen and another black smooth are his favorite girlfriends and this morning I found my little two egg incubator so we popped a couple of eggs in and will anxiously await "HATCHIE DAY"...

Last edited:

Me and my little guy absolutely ADORE our little silver laced cochin. She is my most docile and friendly chicken of my flock. she just lets him pick her up and tote her around - my roo is a Red Frizzle bantam cochin.... any idea what coloring their chicks may have ? I am very confused by chicken genetics - this little silver laced hen and another black smooth are his favorite girlfriends and this morning I found my little two egg incubator so we popped a couple of eggs in and will anxiously await "HATCHIE DAY"...

Oh, they are CUTE!
love.gif

As for what color you might get, I have absolutely no idea. But good luck with your hatch!

My hopefuls. I included this pic for comparison of comb size. The little Columbian roo was from the same hatch. Comparatively, the 2 SL have next to nothing. Guess it's good I seem to be growing out two columbian roos in this bunch. At least I'll have a little bit of choice. The Columbians seem to have decent foot feathers, which are sadly lacking in the SL. They are 7 weeks old in these pictures.

This is my favorite pullet from my last hatch. She has decent type and lacing, but her hackle feathers are almost completely black.

and here is what used to be one of my best patterned birds. Her feathers were pure white with a thin black stripe on the outer edge, but now with her fall molt, she's developing feathers with penciling. Has anyone else noticed this?

just found this thread, and maybe someone can help me out... I lost my silver laced roo recently and am desperately looking for another.

I'm working to improve the silver laced back to SOP standards, but can't do anything at all without a roo to begin with! anyone have any cockerels or mature roos they would be willing to ship to 24070?

Back
Top Bottom