Silver laced Cochin Bantams

It is a huge pity that you lost that lovely boy. He was beautifully laced.

well, the cockerel growing out and the rooster I have now are both decently laced, but the rooster has dark feet (and passes it along). and the hen I have is incompletely laced, but her type isn't bad... we'll see what I get from the chicks growing out.

having to consolidate some breeding pens, so my mille and laced are together now, so they're eating eggs for the moment.

once I get another job, then i'll be working hard to finish my breeding pens (half of them are done, but still 4 more to go) and build a replacement coop for the horse trailer.

How old is she In this pic? I am still trying to sex my 8 week old cochins. I'm started to think that they are all hens.

if you quote the post you're asking about then we can answer, but so many have posted pictures it's impossible to tell who you're talking to. also if you post up pictures of yours, we can help that way too.

Here are two of my 9 week old silver laced Cochins. Starting to think they are all hens. What do you guys think?
The first two pics are one chicken and the last two are another chicken.

The first and last are the same chicken and the two middle pics are another chicken

at 9 weeks old you shouldn't see ANY wattle development or pink on the combs. if you do that's usually a cockerel. the black one at least I'd say is a cockerel. harder to tell on the other one.

Back
Top Bottom