Silver Laced Wyandotte gender?

Looks like a pullet to me.
yaaaay!
clap.gif

I have a 4 month old Silver Laced Wyndotte which is supposed to be a girl but I'm questioning the sex. First off, it stands taller than my other girls and the comb is much redder and it's feathering is just so different than my much older Golden Wyndotte. It even has a sickle tail feather. Help please...I'm not allowed to own a rooster in our city. So far there hasn't been any crowing at all. I'm so confused and I don't want to have to find a new home for it. ( I hate calling it..it, the name is Lacey)

I have a 4 month old Silver Laced Wyndotte which is supposed to be a girl but I'm questioning the sex. First off, it stands taller than my other girls and the comb is much redder and it's feathering is just so different than my much older Golden Wyndotte. It even has a sickle tail feather. Help please...I'm not allowed to own a rooster in our city. So far there hasn't been any crowing at all. I'm so confused and I don't want to have to find a new home for it. ( I hate calling it..it, the name is Lacey)

Aww, I'm sorry, but that's 100% rooster. :(

Thank you for the info & pics. I guess I knew in my heart Lacey was a rooster, but I was really hoping for a different answer. Now the tough part....finding a home for him.

Thank you for the info & pics. I guess I knew in my heart Lacey was a rooster, but I was really hoping for a different answer. Now the tough part....finding a home for him.

I definitely know how that is. I ended up with over 50% roosters. I just ended up rehoming them to my freezer, though. They weren't very nice, so I didn't mind as much, but it was still really sad...raising them from babies and all...

I have had wyandottes in the past, and I currently have one hen who has MUCH coloring when she was little. She is one of my best layers now. I know that cockerels normally are more diversely colored, but she was a fooler for me. I wouldn't judge her or him just yet. The hackle feathers will give him away as he grows, if it is a boy. There are also dna tests that do chickens for $20 with a drop of blood you send it, if you are dying to know NOW. I can give you the name if you'd like that option as well, because there is no guess work after they get results in a couple of days!

I've got two SLW. I posted a couple weeks ago, but they look a little different so I'm trying again. They are about 7 weeks old. What do y'all think on gender? Here's chick #1: (pretty sure this is a pullet anyways, but wanted to show you the difference) And chick #2: Almost looks like a single comb! :idunno
My single comb silver lace has a bigger redder comb than that at 4-5 weeks. And a lot more white all over

So, if you go by win and tail feather development who would you say is boy/girl?

These chicks are just over a week old

Back
Top Bottom