Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing

Pics
Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Those waddles are still small. Though kind of red. How old?

A side shot of the wings is needed for a positive ID.

Thanks for the response. I don't know how old they are but we have had them for a month. It won't let me mess with it's wing at least by myself so I guess I will just wait and see. Here's a pic I just took today.

Thanks for the response. I don't know how old they are but we have had them for a month. It won't let me mess with it's wing at least by myself so I guess I will just wait and see. Here's a pic I just took today.
You don't have to mess with the wing. that pic is perfect. Those legs look thin like a pullet. And the lacing so far does not contradict that.
smile.png

Here is my SLW again at 9/10ish weeks. Still not sure on the gender but I'm hoping for a hen!!
Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Tough call, the lacing isn't nearly as defined as I like to see on females... And the legs look kinda chunky unless it's the grass tricking me. Still waddles are nice and small. Behavior is a good indicator. But I will currently say, thinking female.
smile.png

I have a SLW that is about 4 weeks, I think I'm not sure on age. I know it's early, but I want to make sure she still looks like a pullet at this age!
1f609.png

[/IMG]
Just wanted to show you guys that you were correct and that Dottie is clearly now a young rooster. Also, after your inputs we decided to keep him, crowing and all. He is so gorgeous and we love him to bits,even though he will randomly deliver evil pecks on the hands feeding him. LOL

Back
Top Bottom