Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing

Pics
Now 13 weeks old. Still think cockerel? Not much comb or waddle has formed.

I don't recognize the feather pattern.. columbian maybe?

Comb and waddles are usually getting redish on mine by that age and I agree they look small. My GLW & SLW cockerels both had waddles that big by 8 weeks old.

Saddle feathers should be coming in by now. From these views I would say female. But can you post a side view showing the saddle to confirm?

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow
I also ended up with a straight comb GLW. Apparently some breeders keep them in their stock to combat some issue with the breeding (can't remember what). Honestly she was prettier than the others. :love

I will be highly shocked if that's a girl...

Lol! I'm leaning more toward pullet now. It is 6ish weeks

Attachments

• IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 34
IMG_1340.JPG

Alright here she is one last time at 12/13 weeks. Almost 100% sure she is a girl, but she hasn't layed an egg yet sooo! Thank y'all for your help :) She definitely had me fooled for a while

I don't recognize the feather pattern.. columbian maybe?

Comb and waddles are usually getting redish on mine by that age and I agree they look small. My GLW & SLW cockerels both had waddles that big by 8 weeks old.

Saddle feathers should be coming in by now. From these views I would say female. But can you post a side view showing the saddle to confirm?

Attachments

• IMG_7684.JPG
    IMG_7684.JPG
    595.2 KB · Views: 33
View attachment 1024739
Alright here she is one last time at 12/13 weeks. Almost 100% sure she is a girl, but she hasn't layed an egg yet sooo! Thank y'all for your help :) She definitely had me fooled for a while

Definitely female! :celebrate She shouldn't lay eggs for about 4 more weeks or more. Usually between 16-24 weeks. Can vary greatly even among the same breed. :)

I have never seen a Wyandotte with that pattern though I would definitely say female. And if she is indeed Wyandotte, so cool to have something different! :wee

Can you tell if she has a rose comb or pea? I'm half blind. :oops:

Actually, your bird in the backgound looks like a mix.. where did you get this girl? Is she possibly a mix? If not, I hope someone chimes in so I can learn something new! :old

I thought that these were both girls... Could I be wrong? The first two pics is champion, the second two is earnest. Im starting to think that earnest is an Earnie instead. Help!!
20170604_182157.jpg
20170604_182244.jpg
20170604_182022.jpg
20170604_182031.jpg

I thought that these were both girls... Could I be wrong? The first two pics is champion, the second two is earnest. Im starting to think that earnest is an Earnie instead. Help!!View attachment 1031629 View attachment 1031632 View attachment 1031623View attachment 1031627

I already gave my opinion that they are girls. ;) :fl

My FIL name is Earnst, he goes by Ernie.. he's from Holland. So when we got our Wellsumer (they are Dutch) I wanted to name her after him. So thought about Earnesta, Earniesta, but went with Earnsta.. not my fave name, but still has special meaning. :cool:

My boy SLW had waddles twice that size at 8 weeks. :confused:

Try and make sure you tag me when you find out for sure so I can know. :) You do that by putting @ in front of the user name. Like @Makjordan

Back
Top Bottom